Stripe Day

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mach 1, Grabber Blue w/Argent stripes. Original 2V 351C Auto, Tilt, rear defog, Black Comfortweave Interior. Under restoration. Original colors, 4V 351C, 4-Speed, Spoilers, Magnums, Ram Air. All Ford parts.

Thanks for all the kind words. I have had those NOS stripes in my closet since 1985. In the picture note that I have used as many original parts as I can. Original 71 Magnum 500s, original Ford spoilers and mounts, front clips all Ford stuff, the Fenders, hood, hood locks, ram air system, grille, and of course the bumper. Rear bumper and hood locks were re-plated. These parts were not original on this car, but they are original.

Kcmash

Last edited by a moderator:
Looking good! Ryan

Looks really good.  You can come and do mine for me. :D
I respect your car too much.  I hired a local installer to come do mine. They came to my house with soap and alchohol sprays, body magnets, alignment tape, heat gun and hypodermic needles.   Plus 20 plus years experience.   1 hour and $170 later I am happy.

Installing those is definitely an art.

Kcmash

I respect your car too much.  I hired a local installer to come do mine. They came to my house with soap and alchohol sprays, body magnets, alignment tape, heat gun and hypodermic needles.   Plus 20 plus years experience.   1 hour and $170 later I am happy.

Kcmash
You're correct about this being an art.  If that was a factory job, the stripe would be slightly off at each side of the door, and even the rear quarter panel stripe would be at a slight angle.  lol Car looks incredible though.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kcmash
You're correct about this being an art.  If that was a factory job, the stripe would be slightly off at each side of the door, and even the rear quarter panel stripe would be at a slight angle.  lol  Car looks incredible though.

I must say, using an NOS stripe kit was a bonus.  I didn't realize the difference, but when Ford had the graphics made, they had each stripe sections backing paper cut precisely.  So there was exactly enough paper around the stripe to align with body lines for ease of install.

For instance, the front elbow stripe had the correct paper outline to have it align with the marker light housing for proper spacing height.  The backing paper also had precise cuts to align with the bodyline apex running down the side of the car.  Then that last stripe that is crooked on so many cars, was cut to lay across the rear marker light.  I wish the stripe reproducers would follow those cuts.

Yep I'm happy!

kcmash

Back