Swamp Cooler Spray

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
73 Grande will undergo three phase build process. Phase 1 is complete (driver). Phase 2 is interior/exterior restoration. Phase 3 is ++ performance.
Anyone ever use this asphalt based spray on underbody parts? I have access to several cases at super low price, and wonder if it’s worth the effort? Steve

B00DFEFC-2754-4DE8-849C-4BA43ABD697F.jpeg

What's your intent in coating the underbody? If you're going to keep the car in the SW you probably don't need any underbody coating. Having had first hand experience with maintaining swamp coolers and using similar products, I don't think it would hurt anything to try it. Just for reference, my '72 lived in AZ for most of it's 50 years without any coating and has held up well, though I did do a light prep and paint the underside back in the 80s just to make it presentable at car shows.

To answer your inquiry, I have several locations where the original “coatings” on the underbody are soaked with oil or whatever, and I intend to remove that. I though this might make a suitable replacement. At Home Depot, this stuff goes for about $10 a can. At my local Habitat for Humanity Restore, they have 1/2 a pallet of the stuff and I suspect I can get it for 1 or 2 dollars per can. I thought I would buy a box, I think 9 or 12 cans, and hold on to it.

One question I did have, what does the “dry” product feel like? Just wonder. Steve

Found a great deal on spray bedliner at a car show. Guy had about half a pallet, I said how much if I buy it all? Ended up with 30 cases (360) cans for 100 bucks!

Wow, "I can use this stuff on anything" I thought.

Every can was dead.

Back