Sway bar grease fittings

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
73 Grande will undergo three phase build process. Phase 1 is complete (driver). Phase 2 is interior/exterior restoration. Phase 3 is ++ performance.
So my 73 doesn’t have grease fittings on my sway bars. Can I just drill and tap the metal supports and add them? Do I need to add a hole through the rubber bushing to aid the grease distribution?

I want to cool like the cool kids.

You can buy the sway bar polyurethane bushings with the greaseable fittings if you want them. Need to figure out what size front bar you have, but most Mach 1's have a 15/16" bar. Here is the kit on Amazon:
https://www.amazon.com/Energy-Suspension-9-5160G-Greasable-Sway/dp/B000CN5FUU/ref=sr_1_7?crid=2VRE5BHW738ZF&keywords=energy+suspension+sway+bar+bushings+greaseable+15/16&qid=1653113903&s=automotive&sprefix=energy+suspension+sway+bar+bushings+greaseable,automotive,245&sr=1-7
Well, that's one way to get rid of that annoying Polyurethane "squeak". Grease the sucker!

I've run the Addco polyurethane bushings for years without issue. Just use the grease packet they are supplied with and they're good to go. Never needed a grease fitting. You can get Prothane with the grease fitting.

Mach 1 or not, 2V equipped cars will have a 3/4" sway bar, unless it's been swapped. 4V will have the 15/16". Use an open end wrench to determine the sway bar diameter.

So, beside the initial light greasing on the rubber bushing to metal sway bar, on stock bushings, you wouldn’t add a zerk fitting to the stock setup; that’s what I’m asking.

Back