TCP Front Coil-Over Conversion Installed on My 73!

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello Autoedit,

While installing my front fender side lights, I noticed that my front 1-1/8 sway bar was rubbing my TCP strut rod bars. This is not good. What sway bar did you install on your TCP setup? I see several pictures of these nice front suspension, but not a one with the front sway bar attached.

mustang7173

Last edited by a moderator:
All,

I e-mailed TCP support about the clearance issues with the TCP strut rod arm and the 1-1/8 inch sway bars. I received a response back from the Senior Sales Tech at TCP that stated

"The 71-73 are a tighter fit than the 67-70.. we stopped carrying the 1 1/4", & the 1 1/8" may need a change in the link length.. we use Helwig bars,.. the 1" have not have had any issues."

I did find this: 1973 FORD MUSTANG Hellwig Anti-Sway Bars # 6708

28ktsg6.jpg

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/hel-6708/overview/year/1973/make/ford/model/mustang

Source: www.summitracing.com

I will be researching sway-bars and end-links to fix the TCP strut rod to sway bar rubbing.

mustang7173 :bravo:

Hello Autoedit,

While installing my front fender side lights, I noticed that my front 1-1/8 sway bar was rubbing my TCP strut rod bars. This is not good. What sway bar did you install on your TCP setup? I see several pictures of these nice front suspension, but not a one with the front sway bar attached.

mustang7173
I think I have the 1 1/8 bar and the only time I notice the sway bar touching is unweighted at full suspension droop. Sitting on the ground and through the normal travel everything looks good. Does it rub on both sides? Is the bar centered?

Hello Autoedit,

I am planning on looking again this evening. I will take pictures. I believe it is centered.

mustang7173 :thankyouyellow:

Hello Autoedit,

mustang7173
I think I have the 1 1/8 bar and the only time I notice the sway bar touching is unweighted at full suspension droop. Sitting on the ground and through the normal travel everything looks good. Does it rub on both sides? Is the bar centered?

All,

I had to remove the 1-1/8 inch swaybar due to the rubbing of the TCP Strut rods. I tried to adjust, but there was just no room. Has anybody ever install a Hellwig bar? According the TCP Sales and tech rep, they use a Hellwig 1-1/8 custom made for the suspension.

I did find a Hellwig 1 inch bar @ http://www.mustangdepot.com/OnLineCatalog/Suspension/sway_bars.htm

By the way, I do have a for sale in the classified section.

mustang7173

Back