Temp Sensor question for EFI

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
73 Mach 1
Am I to assume correctly since I'm going EFI and not longer will be using the carb and any of the EGR emissions stuff that I can remove all of those heater sensors? There is one at the water pump, I think there is one near the back of the block and inline with one of the heater hoses. Now my car came factory with AC but I deleted it. I just capped off at the firewall. 

With that my question would be...can I use that port at the water pump for my temp gauge? I will be putting the Holley temp sensor into the front of the block. Since I'll be using the sniper to control the fans I wouldn't need a 3rd port. Thoughts?

Ive done it but it showed 10 degrees more then the one in the block.

Last edited by a moderator:
Did you keep it like that? That seems like too big of a swing for me to want to leave it like that. I have a port in my T-stat housing I could use but I was trying to avoid that. I'm sure it would be nice to show my T-stat is working at that point though because it wouldn't really read accurately until the stat opened.

In my case, the port at the pump gave me lower temp than the one by the block. I dont know if Rob meant that the block was 10 degrees warmer, but that sounds about the right amount. I plugged my EFI sender to the block port and moved the factory sender to the pump port.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Did you keep it like that? That seems like too big of a swing for me to want to leave it like that. I have a port in my T-stat housing I could use but I was trying to avoid that. I'm sure it would be nice to show my T-stat is working at that point though because it wouldn't really read accurately until the stat opened.
yes I left it like that for 2 years, and then put it back when I Went to carb :)

Back