Temporary fuel leak?

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

jscott

VIP Members
Reaction score
My Car
1972 Mach 1 dark green
I have been taking apart lots of things in my engine bay, replacing alt, ps pump, valve covers, all a/c components from firewall forward,fuel filter, all hoses, some wiring, etc.  Finally got it back together today and fired it expecting to see a few leaks.  All I encountered was a fuel leak, seamed to come from the fuel pump.  I went to tighten the bottom line but there was nothing to tighten.   I had replaced the fuel filter and rubber lines connecting it which is next to the pump but no leaks there.  After about a minute of leaking it stopped.  Let the car idle for 20 mins, no leaks of any kind.   I then flushed the radiator for the final time and ran it again with no leaks.  What could have caused that temp fuel leak, pressure stabilizing?   Being I replaced the filter and lines at the carb there was no gas from the pump forward when I started it.  Not complaining, no leaks of any kind now..

Reaction score
My Car
Multiple Mustangs!
Maybe the rubber line heated up and sealed. You do need to check and make sure. I use the fuel injection type clamps they are smooth and do not distort the rubber. here is a pic of one on my transmission cooler. This is to just show the type clamps. I started mine the other day and had leak up at carb. had only been 4 weeks since I checked them all. You should look at often.

20200807_132338.jpg

20200807_132304.jpg

20200807_132313.jpg

Latest posts