The Abandoned 71-73 Mustang thread

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Fredericksburg Auto Salvage in Fredericksburg VA
1aea18fff072e276bd87c7c89c99e489.jpg
4ce4bf11aea7b13fb4fe4e334ca0ae42.jpg

I have posted this on forum but will put here to keep the rust all together. This is Scotty Strickland's mostly Mustang junk yard in Oxford, N.C.. He does sale parts and has more R codes than anyone I know of but will not sell them. To contact him go to Facebook and look him up.

Has sound with the slide show also.

https://animoto.com/play/NiLkeemRwo59srsNGD9PiA

Cheers,

Well, not quite abandoned... but, she’s done... Was bought at auction and the guy is going to part it out. Why? It will buff out :)

Pictures taken 4-5 Years ago of a place in South Jersey call (Bob) Gelsi's Garage. 20-25 years ago I used to roam his yard searching for parts. It's still there but it's been abandoned for a long time now.

Last edited by a moderator:
God, just found this thread, really sad to see thee pics,

I can see lots of bits that I need

Rear Fastback chrome window trim,

Replacement front screens RHS Roof drip rail and a stack of other stuff , Wonder how many of thoes cars still have the spare wheel and Jack in the trunk?

God, just found this thread, really sad to see thee pics,

I can see lots of bits that I need

Rear Fastback chrome window trim,

Replacement front screens RHS Roof drip rail  and a stack of  other stuff  , Wonder how many of thoes cars still have the spare wheel and Jack in the trunk?
rofl rofl rofl

Look up Colorado mustang on the internet. I found a picture on there of stacked mustangs as far as you could see. Made me cry........wife thought I was sick :)

I bought parts from them before and as I talked to them on the phone they informed me that at one time, they had 2000 mustangs for parts. Not now though.

@rackerm If I remember correctly Gelsi passed away in 2019, and it looks like on google maps most of the mustangs have been either moved or scrapped. There are still 10+ there in the back though

Here is my back yard. 65 A code 4 speed been off the road since the early 80's. Behind it is the only 1972 Q code 4 speed Mach 1 T-5 German model Mustang in the T-5 register. Even though very rare never been worth fixing had 32,000 miles on it. Have the marti to prove T-5. The coupe is a C code auto with pony interior. Not too rusty just banged up.

mountains of mourne lyrics

If real T5 cannot show the word Mustang anywhere on the car, only running horse on grille and gas cap. My 71 Convertible spent 29 years of its life in Germany but my car is NOT A T5 ! My car was registered in England for a few years (before 1980), how and when it got there remains a mystery since there are no known US owners but I do have the name and address of the owner at the time in England! My Convertible was shipped back to US in 2009, sitting in my in-laws garage since 1997 not being driven at all!!

If real T5 cannot show the word Mustang anywhere on the car, only running horse on grille and gas cap. My 71 Convertible spent 29 years of its life in Germany but my car is NOT A T5 ! My car was registered in England for a few years (before 1980), how and when it got there remains a mystery since there are no known US owners but I do have the name and address of the owner at the time in England! My Convertible was shipped back to US in 2009, sitting in my in-laws garage since 1997 not being driven at all!!
Oh it is real here is the Marti report and it plainly lists T-5 package. The owner was an US Army sergeant stationed in Germany. The military would ship your car home for $1.00 so he brought it back with him. It is pouring rain I have posted in the past the door sticker which also states "For Export Only" and DSO of 90 if I remember correct. It is in the T-5 register. 

The owner was racing a camaro and went off road and hit a pole on the left front corner. Due to the costs it has never been worth the work to fix it. Rare does not always mean valuable. 

See Marti attached. I forgot to hit the attach button. It should be there now.

2F05Q157604_stdrpt.pdf

Attachments

• 2F05Q157604_stdrpt.pdf
    171.2 KB · Views: 19
Last edited by a moderator:
Oh it is real here is the Marti report and it plainly lists T-5 package. The owner was an US Army sergeant stationed in Germany. The military would ship your car home for $1.00 so he brought it back with him. It is pouring rain I have posted in the past the door sticker which also states "For Export Only" and DSO of 90 if I remember correct. It is in the T-5 register. 

The owner was racing a camaro and went off road and hit a pole on the left front corner. Due to the costs it has never been worth the work to fix it. Rare does not always mean valuable. 

See Marti attached.
Nothing attached there Dave!

Driving around and came across this 73 at an abandoned farmhouse near Clymer, NY.

Attachments

• 20221020_154549.jpg
    20221020_154549.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
  • 20221020_154514.jpg
    20221020_154514.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
  • 20221020_154607.jpg
    20221020_154607.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 0
  • 20221020_154535.jpg
    20221020_154535.jpg