The cold weather followed me SC UGH!

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1973 red convertible 351 4 V
I lived in Michigan my entire life. I decided to retire and move to South Carolina. I get here here and we have the coldest winter since 1982. I have neighbors with no heat and frozen pipes on Christmas day. I had planned to get away from all this crap. I made the mistake to go the Lions/Panthers game and froze my ass off. The coldest game ever played in Bank of America stadium and the Lions lost!

Sorry about all the venting. Bring on the heat! I want to drive my Mustang with the top down.

John J

Lol! Funny how that worked out for you and I share your frustration. We're just coming off some unseasonably cold weather here in San Antonio, too.
Neighbors without heat or water sounds like a good opportunity to get to know them better.
Remind yourself Spring will arrive in SC sooner than it will in MI!

Hey John, at least you didn’t get the white stuff! Not that we got a lot, but enough to jack the roads up for a few days.
Of course the Lions lost, but the still have a chance of making the play offs! Lol 😂 I don’t think they will be we can still dream about it!
Hope you have a Happy New Year!

Think on the positive side, I am sure where you previously lived in Michigan, they got a ton of snow and temperatures have plummeted way below where you are now in SC.... Cheer up it will probably be in the 60's today....

Hey John, I just saw this thread from last month. I too feel your pain! We moved from SW MI to Nashville, TN. In 2004. Family is always ribbing me about how the winter weather here in TN is sometimes COLDER than there. Plus, here, EVERYTHING shuts down if there is a CHANCE of flurries! I feel like it’s still worth it when I can see the sun shine in January though! Hang in there.

Hey John, I just saw this thread from last month. I too feel your pain! We moved from SW MI to Nashville, TN. In 2004. Family is always ribbing me about how the winter weather here in TN is sometimes COLDER than there. Plus, here, EVERYTHING shuts down if there is a CHANCE of flurries! I feel like it’s still worth it when I can see the sun shine in January though! Hang in there.
I moved to west Florida from SE Michigan then moved years later to middle Tenn, now questioning that move during the winter months. I’m moving back to Florida at some point, hopefully sooner than later.

Back