The Day I've Been Waiting For Part II

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
B

BigPinoyHunk

i finally drove her home today! it felt so good to drive her once again. it took me a little getting use to the torque of the 460 and it being a 5spd car with 3.89 cogs.

in the rear trunk, the rubbers are so tight and new and won't squish, the trunk had to be adjusted high for now and you have to slam it to close. it'll take some time for the new rubbers to squish some.

the rear bumper looks a tad crooked but that could be fixed. i'm really happy how the hood locks came out. they are about the stock location as they used the stock holes in the hood for them.

let me know what you guys think of my Maria!!!

DSC01270.JPG

DSC01271.JPG

DSC01273.JPG

DSC01274.JPG

DSC01276.JPG

DSC01278.JPG

Last edited:
Xoliex, I think the phrase "I'm really happy" in reference to the hood locks speaks for the whole car. If you are happy - you've done good. As to my personal opinion - I love it. A bold step to personalize your car but one that looks good. I like the color combo on the 80 model trucks and Bronco's and it looks good on your Mach 1. It makes it unique. Enjoy the fruits of your labor.

Awesome! You done good, sir! :D

i finally drove her home today! it felt so good to drive her once again. it took me a little getting use to the torque of the 460 and it being a 5spd car with 3.89 cogs.

in the rear trunk, the rubbers are so tight and new and won't squish, the trunk had to be adjusted high for now and you have to slam it to close. it'll take some time for the new rubbers to squish some.

the rear bumper looks a tad crooked but that could be fixed. i'm really happy how the hood locks came out. they are about the stock location as they used the stock holes in the hood for them.

let me know what you guys think of my Maria!!!
Looks really NICE:D X..The shop did a nice paint job!!! ..I sell a product that will soften up your weatherstrips & keep them like new!

http://www.adamspolishes.com/p-512-adams-super-vrt.aspx

10% off for board members

Outstanding! Momma mia, what a beautiful Maria!!:D

Doc
that gave me a good smile this morning. i'm going to take her out on a ride to fill up the tank and change the oil. however, i when i drove home some oil slung around and go on top of the hood. i wiped everything cleaned and now i can't locate where the oil came from. gonna have to trace it today after work.

and by the way guys, my name is between the two x's. name is Olie like the skateboard trick.

Did you end up getting drum brakes on the front or what were you up to?

Olie

Did you have to shorten the drive shaft for the 5spd setup? She looks great love the colour combo, Ford should have done that originally.

The flowered seat covers remind me of Hawaii...the ones you get a Hilo Hattie's!!

Ken

:idea:X open the hood and snap some pics
the engine bay is full of body shop debris still (sanded off bondo and primer) and i'm trying to chase that oil leak and the auto hobby shop here doesn't have a pressure washer. i think i'm going to head down to walmart and get some engine degreaser and go to town with the garden hose. i'll try to take some pics of the engine but but its still a cluter f%^&* right now. i haven't been working on that end of the car too much yet. hell, when i had my heater core start leaking, i had to take out the lines going to it and i had to make a mini wrap around hose to the water pump to manifold. that needs to be taken care of (thinking of just putting plugs for now)

:idea:X open the hood and snap some pics
the engine bay is full of body shop debris still (sanded off bondo and primer) and i'm trying to chase that oil leak and the auto hobby shop here doesn't have a pressure washer. i think i'm going to head down to walmart and get some engine degreaser and go to town with the garden hose. i'll try to take some pics of the engine but but its still a cluter f%^&* right now. i haven't been working on that end of the car too much yet. hell, when i had my heater core start leaking, i had to take out the lines going to it and i had to make a mini wrap around hose to the water pump to manifold. that needs to be taken care of (thinking of just putting plugs for now)
Understand slow week here progress is slow waiting on parts still:mad:

Back