The last built 73 mustang

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

illiana73

Reaction score
My Car
73 Sportsroof
73 Mach1
Mine was built on 5/14/73. I was wondering who had there built in late June or July. Does anyone know when the last one rolled off the line in 73?

John J
That's cool, mine was built on 5/14 too.

Vinnie

Project manager "Project AmsterFoose"
Reaction score
My Car
1973 Mustang Grande 351C 2V, built on the very last production day (July 6, 1973) for Grande's.
My Marti report (posted here somewhere too) states a built date of july 6th 1973. I emailed Kevin Marti the following:

"There is one thing I'd like to ask though: It states a built date of July 6, 1973 and I was told that that was the very last day that the Mustang series I was produced.

I was wondering of you could confirm this?"

His reply:

"It was the last day Grande's were built. There were a few other models of Mustangs built a few days later."

So there you go and yes, I possibly own the last Grande ever build :) (still need to ask him that)

Reaction score
My Car
1973 red convertible 351 4 V
My Marti report (posted here somewhere too) states a built date of july 6th 1973. I emailed Kevin Marti the following:

"There is one thing I'd like to ask though: It states a built date of July 6, 1973 and I was told that that was the very last day that the Mustang series I was produced.

I was wondering of you could confirm this?"

His reply:

"It was the last day Grandé's were built. There were a few other models of Mustangs built a few days later."

So there you go and yes, I possibly own the last Grandé ever build :) (still need to ask him that)
That cool Vinnie. That what I am trying to find out is when the last 73 mustang was built and if any member owns it.

John J

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
My Car
1972 Q Code Convertible
Looks like Vinnie's car has a VIN of 3F04H262848

I took a look at all the registered cars on insearchofmustangs.org and found the latest 73 VIN is 3F04Q263036 which is a Q code Grande. Based on this car's VIN, 188 Ford cars were produced after Vinnie's Grande.

Anyone claim this car?

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
My Car
1973 Q code Mach 1 blue glow with argent stripes, 351C-4V, C6 auto
1973 Q code Mach 1 blue glow with argent stripes, 351C-4V, 4 speed
Mine was built 7/3/73.
Nice looking car Matt. Nice options too. Hey what does Trim Variation mean on your Marti report.

John J
Based on the build date of Matt's Mach 1 I would guess that the "trim variation" refers to the absence of Comfortweave material for the seats. The variation is that the seats are all vinyl. I have two late build Mach 1s that have all vinyl as well. Matt do you have a photo of your seat upholstery if it is original? This is the first time I have seen this in a Marti report. There are many cars that got this substitution. It seems to have taken effect in mid June 1973. My Marti reports do not show a trim variation but it could be something that Kevin added recently.

Reaction score
My Car
73 Ford Mustang Mach 1 351 CJ all matching numbers, under restoration.
73 Ford Mustang Sprint from Mexico.
My Grandé was built 01/22/73 (172670).

I will updte this post later about the Mach 1 (no Marti report yest).

Matt1973

Reaction score
My Car
73 Mustang Mach 1 Q-code Medium Copper
Of course I have pictures. Doesn't everybody? LOL

191004_25d6be22af_low_res.JPG 190979_55b4409145_low_res.JPG

Mine was built 7/3/73.
Nice looking car Matt. Nice options too. Hey what does Trim Variation mean on your Marti report.

John J
Based on the build date of Matt's Mach 1 I would guess that the "trim variation" refers to the absence of Comfortweave material for the seats. The variation is that the seats are all vinyl. I have two late build Mach 1s that have all vinyl as well. Matt do you have a photo of your seat upholstery if it is original? This is the first time I have seen this in a Marti report. There are many cars that got this substitution. It seems to have taken effect in mid June 1973. My Marti reports do not show a trim variation but it could be something that Kevin added recently.

Reaction score
My Car
1973 Q code Mach 1 blue glow with argent stripes, 351C-4V, C6 auto
1973 Q code Mach 1 blue glow with argent stripes, 351C-4V, 4 speed

John J
Thanks Matt - Your Mach 1 has the same seat material mine and several other late build Mach 1s have. My Marti reports do not show "Trim Variation" as an option though.

Matt1973

Reaction score
My Car
73 Mustang Mach 1 Q-code Medium Copper

John J
I am curious on what that really means as well now.