The last built 73 mustang

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mine was built on 5/14/73. I was wondering who had there built in late June or July. Does anyone know when the last one rolled off the line in 73?

John J
That's cool, mine was built on 5/14 too.

My Marti report (posted here somewhere too) states a built date of july 6th 1973. I emailed Kevin Marti the following:

"There is one thing I'd like to ask though: It states a built date of July 6, 1973 and I was told that that was the very last day that the Mustang series I was produced.

I was wondering of you could confirm this?"

His reply:

"It was the last day Grande's were built. There were a few other models of Mustangs built a few days later."

So there you go and yes, I possibly own the last Grande ever build :) (still need to ask him that)

My Marti report (posted here somewhere too) states a built date of july 6th 1973. I emailed Kevin Marti the following:

"There is one thing I'd like to ask though: It states a built date of July 6, 1973 and I was told that that was the very last day that the Mustang series I was produced.

I was wondering of you could confirm this?"

His reply:

"It was the last day Grandé's were built. There were a few other models of Mustangs built a few days later."

So there you go and yes, I possibly own the last Grandé ever build :) (still need to ask him that)
That cool Vinnie. That what I am trying to find out is when the last 73 mustang was built and if any member owns it.

John J

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like Vinnie's car has a VIN of 3F04H262848

I took a look at all the registered cars on insearchofmustangs.org and found the latest 73 VIN is 3F04Q263036 which is a Q code Grande. Based on this car's VIN, 188 Ford cars were produced after Vinnie's Grande.

Anyone claim this car?

Last edited by a moderator:
Mine was built 7/3/73.
Nice looking car Matt. Nice options too. Hey what does Trim Variation mean on your Marti report.

John J
Based on the build date of Matt's Mach 1 I would guess that the "trim variation" refers to the absence of Comfortweave material for the seats. The variation is that the seats are all vinyl. I have two late build Mach 1s that have all vinyl as well. Matt do you have a photo of your seat upholstery if it is original? This is the first time I have seen this in a Marti report. There are many cars that got this substitution. It seems to have taken effect in mid June 1973. My Marti reports do not show a trim variation but it could be something that Kevin added recently.

My Grandé was built 01/22/73 (172670).

I will updte this post later about the Mach 1 (no Marti report yest).

Of course I have pictures. Doesn't everybody? LOL

191004_25d6be22af_low_res.JPG190979_55b4409145_low_res.JPG

Mine was built 7/3/73.
Nice looking car Matt. Nice options too. Hey what does Trim Variation mean on your Marti report.

John J
Based on the build date of Matt's Mach 1 I would guess that the "trim variation" refers to the absence of Comfortweave material for the seats. The variation is that the seats are all vinyl. I have two late build Mach 1s that have all vinyl as well. Matt do you have a photo of your seat upholstery if it is original? This is the first time I have seen this in a Marti report. There are many cars that got this substitution. It seems to have taken effect in mid June 1973. My Marti reports do not show a trim variation but it could be something that Kevin added recently.

John J
Thanks Matt - Your Mach 1 has the same seat material mine and several other late build Mach 1s have. My Marti reports do not show "Trim Variation" as an option though.

John J
I am curious on what that really means as well now.

Back