The other 72 Sprint conv in Florida - 2F03F184300

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1972 Mach1, 2003 Cobra coupe
100_1132.jpg100_1140.jpg100_1143.jpg100_1137.jpgSo what do you guys (and gals) think of the wheels, hood, honeycomb panel and other "variations" from being original. I'm okay with them as Ford could have just as well done them except for the wheels of course. Even Magnum 500's were not an option of the convertibles - they were pretty plain jane.

whats the Vin, is it a real Sprint, or made to look one.

didn't the orig 50 come with: Standard flat hood, Standard Grill, 302 w/Single Exhaust, and Standard Dog Dish Hub caps?

this one looks good exept for the rims (not my taste)

Last edited by a moderator:
I like it except for the wheels. Dog dishes would look great onit though.

How'd you find it Rex?
The new owner bought it (yes it's one of the fifty originals) from a long time owner who had added a/c and Magnum 500's. Needless to say the new owner added his personal touches all of which can be put back to stock if desired. As we saw with the other one in FL that was actually changed a lot more (Black interior, side stripes, and lots of engine mods), all of these do not stay stock. There was one a foreign buyer bought and he did not even know it was a sprint because it was repainted dark blue and the interior was changed. If it wasn't for the sequential 50 VIN's no one would which ones are real and which are clones.

Funny thing - I'm not much on the standard hood, but the NACA design ruins this one.

-Kurt
I almost have to agree. The standard hood/stripes combination on the Sprint is just right for the cars. I don't mind the wheels - just about anything looks good on a 'vert - and I didn't even really notice the honeycomb taillight panel... I think it's a nice addition as well.

Nice car, though - the things the owner has done to it look like they were done right and it appears to be well cared for. ::thumb::

So what do you guys (and gals) think of the wheels, hood, honeycomb panel and other "variations" from being original. I'm okay with them as Ford could have just as well done them except for the wheels of course. Even Magnum 500's were not an option of the convertibles - they were pretty plain jane.
Really sharp! One of the @50 originals?(as Carroll Shelby included in his card collection packages one of the mustang car part companies got exclusivity to sell?)Truly a gem but with the original 6 cylinderd's must be awfully tempted to install a bi-turbo, eh? Mine is number 51. LOL

sprintmm1.JPGsprintmm2.JPG

So what do you guys (and gals) think of the wheels, hood, honeycomb panel and other "variations" from being original. I'm okay with them as Ford could have just as well done them except for the wheels of course. Even Magnum 500's were not an option of the convertibles - they were pretty plain jane.
Really sharp! One of the @50 originals?(as Carroll Shelby included in his card collection packages one of the mustang car part companies got exclusivity to sell?)Truly a gem but with the original 6 cylinderd's must be awfully tempted to install a bi-turbo, eh? Mine is number 51. LOL
HOW MANY TIMES DO I HAVE TO EXPLAIN THIS???????

There were fifty sprint convertibles made with 302's.

The serial numbers are consecutive.

This one ends with 300 and the last VIN of the fifty is 2F03F184305.

DO I HAVE TO EXPLAIN THIS AGAIN????????

While this car is clearly modified from the original condition, I have pictures of this REAL sprint convertible from the late 1980's and an article in Mustang Monthly when the previous owner (Mr. Gissal) had the car and it was stock except he added A/C and AM/FM radio. In the 80's Tom Dozier owned this car. I cannot help it if people decide to "improve" on a nice original car.:rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
You are right. Read about another claiming to be....w/6 cylinder. My mistke

Anone know who owns it now? It shows it was registered in FL in 2016 and was a high bid of $17,000 at Mecum Kissimmee in 2016. I recall speaking to the person who bought it from Ralph Gissal and made the “changes” but do not have his contact information.

Anone know who owns it now? It shows it was registered in FL in 2016 and was a high bid of $17,000 at Mecum Kissimmee in 2016. I recall speaking to the person who bought it from Ralph Gissal and made the “changes” but do not have his contact information.
How do u know it was registered in FL in ‘2016? I’m trying to find another car (my 1st car a ‘73 Mach) and cannot find any way to search current owners, vin’s etc.

How do u know it was registered in FL in ‘2016? I’m trying to find another car (my 1st car a ‘73 Mach) and cannot find any way to search current owners, vin’s etc.
You can search any FL VIN at https://services.flhsmv.gov/MVCheckWeb/
It’s not some scam service. It will not give you owner info but it will tell you when it was last titled in the state and when the tags expire.

Attachments

• C499E169-75A8-457A-9025-F5CFBB45F7BB.jpeg
    C499E169-75A8-457A-9025-F5CFBB45F7BB.jpeg
    439.1 KB · Views: 0
Do other states offer this service? I’m trying to locate my 1st car. A ‘73 Mach 1 “Q” code that I sold in mid ‘80’s in Virginia Beach. Vin is 3F05Q218623 any suggestions? Thanks Stan

Attachments

• AF81B110-CF19-4652-97F6-5923A8E16833.png
    AF81B110-CF19-4652-97F6-5923A8E16833.png
    9.1 MB · Views: 0
This would not help me locate owner but could at least see if it is still around.

I answered a Craigslist ad your sister Allison placed looking for that Mach (she must really love you!) I gave her a link for here and another to check Virigina's DMV, VIN search history. Now you have this one in Florida to check. Only 48 more states to go!

She called Scott at Marti Report and he said no one has bought or requested a report for your VIN. Unless you find and hire someone that specializes in tracking missing cars, you will have to search each state yourself to see if they provide this service.

Then again, there's always the possibility it was scraped before being entered into a computer or sold out of country. Regardless, it might be time to ask a private detective what his resources are. He might have access to data bases that layman don't (insurance/DMV/police/vehicle history reports).

On a positive note, if the current owner ever Googles your VIN# or checks in with Marti, there will be a "in search of" trail that could lead back to you... Good luck

And now back to the 50 Sprint Convertibles!

Last edited:
Back