The Rickster - a 73 Mach 1 work in progress

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Congrats! That's flippin' awesome! Sounds very healthy, too! Did your test drive go so fast you blew the stripe off the right side? 😄

I like the way the camera snuck up on you in the first video. In a hushed narrator voice, "We're witnessing the wild Mustang entering it's natural habitat after years of captivity."

Last edited:
Thanks, guys. No Sheriff, I wasn't moving that fast. There is a small boo-boo in the paint on the bottom of the passenger door, and the painter wants me to bring it to his shop so he can fix it. I opted to leave the stripe off that area so he won't have to worry about it when he's fixing it.

Rio, PoFoMoCo, Sheriff, and all the others, thanks so much for the kind words and the encouragement along the way. It's been quite a journey. Still working on getting the bugs worked out, but at this point, it's essentially done. I just Rick could be here in person, to check it out and ride in it. He's riding with me, in spirit, though.

…. just Rick could be here in person, to check it out and ride in it. He's riding with me, in spirit, though.
Absolutely he is with you, every step and every drive. Now he’s watching out for you, just like you did for him.

Took the Rickster out for a another test drive today with my adult son, Chance. We fixed a small fuel leak at one fitting near the fuel tank, and then took it out for another test drive. We did about 5 miles and brought it back to the garage, adjusted the timing, and took it out for another test run. It ran a lot better. In total, we put about 20 miles on it today. It felt really good to actually get it on the road, and even better having my son along to share the moment with.

There are still a few bugs to sort out, but slowly, but surely, we are getting them worked out.

I looked through this thread again and I am in complete amazement of where you started and where you finished. No doubt, this was a journey that had many highs, lows, some pain and more than your fair share of bitter sweet moments. I hope it also provided you a full measure of peace.

Your dedication and motivation for honor Rick is remarkable. From April 2014 until now, this thread has wracked up 35K views, 328 replies and accumulated 17 pages of resources, pictures and information for others to follow - just simply incredible.

Latest posts

Back