The engine is alive!!!!! I got the motor dropped back into the engine bay and the pressure test was successful. I got the fuel lines hooked up and built a small relay panel for the fuel pump that I mounted in the trunk, near the battery.
View attachment 63927
I installed the AC condenser and lines. I also got the transmission cooling lines run, and built a mount for a secondary transmission cooler in front of the AC condenser. I used -6AN lines from the transmission that connected to hard lines after about a foot.
View attachment 63929
I ran the lower line into the radiator, and the upper line to the secondary cooler. I used a -6AN line from the upper fitting to the cooler, completing the circuit.
View attachment 63925
View attachment 63926
View attachment 63923
With the transmission cooling lines completed, and fuel injection harness laid out and plugged up, I used some temporary leads to connect to the oil pressure and water temp gauges, and made a temporary 12V switched circuit for the ECU, coil, etc. I pulled the distributor and primed the oil pump showing 60 PSI and used my long ratchet to turn the motor over a few times while priming it. I put it back to TDC and reinstalled the distributor and it was ready to crank.
View attachment 63924
The next morning, I hooked up the handheld programing unit, turned on the 12V switched power to power up the ECU and entered the engine parameters into the system. It fired up on the second try. I ran it for a couple minutes running it up to 2000 RPM when we found leaking fluid on the floor under the power steering pump. I shut down and tightened the high pressure line and was trying to refill the reservoir when the cheesy little handle broke off. I was able to extricate the stopper with the dipstick, refilled the reservoir, and inserted the stopper (not all the way, but enough to be snug) and fired it up a second time. Again, I ran it at about 2000 RPM for a few minutes when we discovered transmission fluid spewing from the cooling line fitting. Again, I shut it down, and got the fitting tightened, and started it up once again. I was still running it around 2000 RPM, give or take, and things were moving along when coolant started shooting out of the radiator overflow. I checked the water temp and it was approaching 200, but the cooling fan hadn't cut on.
I checked everything I could and the fan worked with battery power, but the ECU wasn't activating the relay, so I called FAST. They were super nice to work with, talking me through a number of things to check, but we couldn't get it to activate the relay like it was supposed to, so they want me to send the ECU back to them to check out. S it will be on it's way to the manufacturer as soon as I get it boxed up. Yes, it's a little frustrating, but I am ecstatic that the motor runs and sounds great, even with being tuned.
So that is the progress over the last couple weeks, and the big news of today. The Rickster lives!!!