They say it is the best '72 Mach1 on the planet

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am surprised I don't hate it more. I will give Emily credit, like my wife can drive a manual. A rare quality these days.

Ron
Lynda (wife) is a Mustang Chick/Shelby Chick/Car Girl, and can definitely drive a manual transmission vehicle. Her current vehicle with a manual tranny is a 1997 Honda Del Sol SI with just over 30,000 original miles on it. 5 speed manual tranny. And she drives it like a pro.

Despite knowing how to drive a manual tranny car, she also definitely knows how to "properly" drive our other pony cars. She is one of few people I can take a nap in a car while someone else is driving.

Attachments

• 1997_HodaDelSol_SideStripeSampleSentToPaul_202003xx.jpg
    1997_HodaDelSol_SideStripeSampleSentToPaul_202003xx.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 2
  • AllPonyCarsAndGilWithLynda_4of4_20211007.JPG
    AllPonyCarsAndGilWithLynda_4of4_20211007.JPG
    5 MB · Views: 2
I'd wager Joey Logano might have something to say about 'the nicest '72 Mach 1 ever.' LOL! Geez - for that matter, I can think of plenty of cars owned by members on this site that would be in the running for that title.

I'm also not seeing much 'Mach 1' left on this one... I'd wager it might actually be a Sports Roof, but kinda impossible to tell without a peek at the VIN.

Still, it's an awesome car, although the builders seem to maybe not know as much about '71-'73s as they think - I see a bunch of other model year stuff having crept into the finished product ('64-'68 gas tank, anybody?) that didn't need to happen because the '71-'73 stuff is just fine.

Lynda (wife) is a Mustang Chick/Shelby Chick/Car Girl, and can definitely drive a manual transmission vehicle. Her current vehicle with a manual tranny is a 1997 Honda Del Sol SI with just over 30,000 original miles on it. 5 speed manual tranny. And she drives it like a pro.

Despite knowing how to drive a manual tranny car, she also definitely knows how to "properly" drive our other pony cars. She is one of few people I can take a nap in a car while someone else is driving.
My wife took over my or I should say our 2009 Mazdaspeed 3 as a daily driver. The girl has never owned an automatic and seems to hate them.

Ron

Hey look, each to his own. It is a nice enough car, but the best?.
Correct me if I am wrong but Mach is pronounced "mack" and not "mark", just like when you break the sound barrier.
Frankly though, if I was going to build the "best" Mach 1, I would ditch the live axles for independent suspension,
Just my opinion, but flames belong in a fire, not on a car.
Er, how can I say this? I have black leather clad Recaro seats in my '73 Mach 1.
If you like "nice" custom 71-73 Mustangs, how about these?
1656297086600.png
1656297390870.png

If there are all new parts such as the engine, body parts and interior, IS it still a '72 Mach-1? Not in my opinion. It seems its more of a copy of a '72 Mach-1, using a few original parts. I suppose if she's happy, that's what matters.
I consider it a 72 Mach I. A completely modified one missing much of a 72 Mach 1's original essence. A Mach 1 I don't appreciate, but do appreciate her enthusiasm. For me the less a car is touched the better. Even a plain jane 6cyl in an undesirable color. I think Ford got them right.

Hey look, each to his own. It is a nice enough car, but the best?.
Correct me if I am wrong but Mach is pronounced "mack" and not "mark", just like when you break the sound barrier.
Frankly though, if I was going to build the "best" Mach 1, I would ditch the live axles for independent suspension,
Just my opinion, but flames belong in a fire, not on a car.
Er, how can I say this? I have black leather clad Recaro seats in my '73 Mach 1.
If you like "nice" custom 71-73 Mustangs, how about these?
View attachment 64980
View attachment 64981
I'm not really a fan of either of those cars. The first one being a "new 'Gone in 60 Seconds' Eleanor wannabe," (I've almost gotten to where I kind of loathe that car, TBH), and the Pegasus is trying too hard to be a '12 Boss 302. While were at it, throw Foose's abomination into the mix for me as well (Camaro taillights... REALLY?!).

Don't get me wrong - I appreciate and have much respect for all the hard work and attention to detail that have gone into these cars, and I don't hate modern mods going into these cars, either... especially given how much I updated mine with the modern tech and amenities. I just hate when the mods are so over-the-top that the cars seem to lose most or all of their 71-73 identity.

Hum, this is serious trouble lurking guys. Careful :)
Am I missing something? It's always easier on the eyes when the dress matches the car. Contrasting hurts

Last edited:
Back