This pic was posted on the 7173 mustang facebook page

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
Multiple Mustangs!
This is a good example of what will happen if you crash one of the first gen mustangs. When they came out in 65 sales in my home town got hurt by someone crashing one and it tore into three pieces and was brand new no rust. So when you go out an run over 100 the results would be worse than this. Looks like in town so I doubt very fast. Did not google search it for story. 

I did go back and the car was in South Africa. Did not say anything about driver or passenger is any. Here are a couple more pics.

Last edited by a moderator:
I saw that earlier, wow what a shame. I hope no one got hurt, but I would be surprised if they didn’t. I thought my wreck last year was bad but nothing compared to this. Damn!

I just saw that this was from 2013.

Last edited by a moderator:
There is another facebook page that has crashed muscle cars and most you cannot tell what they are just twisted metal. 

That equal and opposite thing can do some damage. 

That is why a cage is going in my 72 Q vert to go on the track. Better seat and racing harness.

This is a good example of what will happen if you crash one of the first gen mustangs. When they came out in 65 sales in my home town got hurt by someone crashing one and it tore into three pieces and was brand new no rust. So when you go out an run over 100 the results would be worse than this. Looks like in town so I doubt very fast. Did not google search it for story.

I did go back and the car was in South Africa. Did not say anything about driver or passenger is any. Here are a couple more pics.

Interesting how they parked it with now having safety in mind by chocking the front tire...

This still happens to modern vehicles, after a certain speed the car is just going to break up. I am not sure how much worse older cars where when it came to breaking apart, as it seems a lot of that old steel was much thicker, but modern cars are definitely much safer.
https://www.clickondetroit.com/news...shes-into-vehicle-tree-in-detroit-police-say/https://www.ocregister.com/2009/04/08/second-car-was-following-mustang-in-deadly-trabuco-crash/The Corvette that hit a tractor trailer running from the cops:

…….. and the tree didn't budge an inch!

These pics were going around a year or so back. but what a reminder to keep the right foot out of it.
When I did that to my 1st mach1 ( not as severe) about 40 years ago, I was extremely lucky the tree I wrapped around was only 10” in diameter. It was an even match the car was totaled and the tree snapped about 6 feet up and fell across the roof. Also the base of the tree lost some bark and was leaning. God was copilot that night because the back of the bucket seat was between me and the impact zone. I think I was still going more forward then sideways at the time of impact. You could see where the tree scraped across the drivers door handle and then impacted with the area of the quarter panel between the door and left rear wheel. Right on the mach 1 in the stripe.

When I did that to my 1st mach1 ( not as severe) about 40 years ago, I was extremely lucky the tree I wrapped around was only 10” in diameter. It was an even match the car was totaled and the tree snapped about 6 feet up and fell across the roof. Also the base of the tree lost some bark and was leaning. God was copilot that night because the back of the bucket seat was between me and the impact zone. I think I was still going more forward then sideways at the time of impact. You could see where the tree scraped across the drivers door handle and then impacted with the area of the quarter panel between the door and left rear wheel. Right on the mach 1 in the stripe.
Wow, you were indeed very lucky to live through a crash like that and tell the story. So glad you were ok and hopefully, not too badly banged up.
I may have mentioned this before, but back in the late 70's, I sold my very first (Canadian) car, a 71 Mustang 302 Fastback, to a dealer who in turn, sold it to a young guy. Forward to the early 80's when a friend of mine who managed a junk yard, called me to tell me my old Fastback was in his yard and the driver was killed in a head-on crash with a tree. I saw that car and it was indeed my first car. The engine was in the back seat!

Wow, you were indeed very lucky to live through a crash like that and tell the story. So glad you were ok and hopefully, not too badly banged up.
I may have mentioned this before, but back in the late 70's, I sold my very first (Canadian) car, a 71 Mustang 302 Fastback, to a dealer who in turn, sold it to a young guy. Forward to the early 80's when a friend of mine who managed a junk yard, called me to tell me my old Fastback was in his yard and the driver was killed in a head-on crash with a tree. I saw that car and it was indeed my first car. The engine was in the back seat!
Yes I was extremely lucky I walked away but like I said God was my copilot. I know one thing for sure my replacement mach 1 doesn’t go over the speed limit or out in the rain.

Back