This site

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1972 Mustang convertible. 351C 4V
1968 Ford F-100 300 str6 3 sp
1999 Ford Contour sport V6 5sp
2000 Ford F350 4X4 7.3 turbo diesel dually
2000 Ford F150 4X4 5.7L
I have been to other sites, like for my 99 contour sport and my f-350 diesel. They are ok but I was not getting very good feed back from them for questions I had. My Son has a 2007 Chevy colbolt SS and I told him to look for a site for them and they will not give him any good info, it is like they do not want to give there secrets away so some one else can have a good running car.

This site is by far the best!!!! You have the guys that have been fixing these cars for many years and guys that have just started and add Trix that worked for them. People will go out of there way and on line to get you the info you need to help you. The bottom line here IS that every one here wants the next guy that is working on there car to win and not make the mistakes they made!!!

I Thank every one here!!!!!!!!! This is what it should be!!!!

Thank you all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Everything we post here is a lie and that's the truth!

I've noticed on most of the Mustangs sites that I frequent, even the local clubs, that Mustang owners are friendly and helpful. Let's keep it that way here too!

From what I've seen all Mustang guys are ready to talk about their cars..... But on this site I'd have to say that we have a fantastic bunch of guys that are willing to jump in and lend a hand .....hat's off to the guys on this site and to Barry for putting it together.

this is very true...seems like the mustang folks are so helpfull..i got alot of chevy and pontiac freinds..and i got to say..i never seen such a shifty bunch as i see on the pontiac forums...my cousin had a old quad carb...was off his old trans am car didnt have original motor in it anymore..he tried too just give it away too me for hardly nothing..but i didnt need it....well....he seen a add in some mag about some of those carbs being hard too find or rare...he checked the numbers..and it came off a ram air 2..and could be worth up too 4,000 all by its self..lol...well he posted pics of it..and the pontiac guys ripped it apart..told him he was a fraud and tring to rip some one off...said it was all miss matching..and faked!!..lol..he got bad replies after replies on it...and when we checked all the numbers come out right...finaly we stuck it on ebay..and got the same replies and noticed some one put the link on pontiac forums!!..lol...and kept tring to mess up the auction..asking questions tring to say it was not original or somthing was wrong or didnt look right..auction started at 1 dollar....the carb sold for 3,500 dollars..lmao...now..you tell me...was it fake?...lmao...hell no..just a bunch of scary online folks tring to screw poor unknowing pontiac fans out of there stuff {shakes head} dont know how them kinda people can sleep at night.

thank god for mustang owners and fans!! {wink}

This site is awesome! I've been on the net since the 90's and rarely ever joined a forum or even post online. Used it for school and work. If I did join a forum, I'd be a troll and just pop in and out without saying a word. Sorry, just my personality :s Well, came time to rebuild my beloved Mustang and because it was my first time ever doing a build of this scale, I needed all the help I could get and joined FordMuscle.com (First car website I joined) Those guys welcomed me with open arms and kinda broke me in. Sometime I'll say something and someone may take it the wrong way and I do understand it can easily happen. DON'T MEAN TO DO IT, so if you don't like something I said, IM me and be a man about it, but don't oust me for something I may have said and you interpreted the wrong way! WELL, then I join a forum called MACH1Club I did the whole introduction and for a few days, NOT A SINGLE WELCOME. Lots of hits, but not a single Hello or Welcome. Talk about feeling like you did or said something wrong LOL! Hmm, is it racial or did I do or say something wrong? Till today, I think about that website and wonder if it's all redneck hillbillies LOL! Call it fobia, but I hold back from starting a thread LOL! So, thanks Mach1Club for making this Hawaiian feel like an a$$! Sorry for my rant, but had to go there and let yall know that not all websites and Mustang owners are the same :D So, with this in mind, I will not make someone feel the same way. Rest a sured that if I can help someone or make them feel at home, I will! Ask brother Scott. We met on another website and perhaps gave him his first measurements LOL! I may dissapear and be a troll every now and then, but now you know why LOL!

Aloha,

DJ

I'm also amazed at the great group of folks we have here! Even as we continue to get new members, they are just as polite and helpful as everyone else! I don't think we ever had to warn anyone about anything (other than banning some spammers, but that is normal)

As we get more members and the 71-73's become more popular...we may face challenges as a community, but I can assure you that myself and the staff here are committed to keeping this place as friendly and informative as it is now! :cool:

This site is awesome! I've been on the net since the 90's and rarely ever joined a forum or even post online. Used it for school and work. If I did join a forum, I'd be a troll and just pop in and out without saying a word. Sorry, just my personality :s Well, came time to rebuild my beloved Mustang and because it was my first time ever doing a build of this scale, I needed all the help I could get and joined FordMuscle.com (First car website I joined) Those guys welcomed me with open arms and kinda broke me in. Sometime I'll say something and someone may take it the wrong way and I do understand it can easily happen. DON'T MEAN TO DO IT, so if you don't like something I said, IM me and be a man about it, but don't oust me for something I may have said and you interpreted the wrong way! WELL, then I join a forum called MACH1Club I did the whole introduction and for a few days, NOT A SINGLE WELCOME. Lots of hits, but not a single Hello or Welcome. Talk about feeling like you did or said something wrong LOL! Hmm, is it racial or did I do or say something wrong? Till today, I think about that website and wonder if it's all redneck hillbillies LOL! Call it fobia, but I hold back from starting a thread LOL! So, thanks Mach1Club for making this Hawaiian feel like an a$$! Sorry for my rant, but had to go there and let yall know that not all websites and Mustang owners are the same :D So, with this in mind, I will not make someone feel the same way. Rest a sured that if I can help someone or make them feel at home, I will! Ask brother Scott. We met on another website and perhaps gave him his first measurements LOL! I may dissapear and be a troll every now and then, but now you know why LOL!

Aloha,

DJ
DJ, I read your comments about Mach1club and checked out your posts over there and am surprised by your comments. You made a total of 8 posts in one day and received two responses as thank you's on the same day. One from the site administrator as follows: "RE: 1972 Mach 31 Years Later Need some help

Thxs FasTnNefariouS hopefully this helps him, now that's what I'm talking about.
" and as you said Scott thanked you also. It appears you never posted an introduction thread so that you could be properly welcomed. So using your own words you may have interpreted something wrong over there or did not check back to read the thank yous.

There are several members here that are also active members at the mach1club. I have learned that you can find different tidbits of information at all the different sites and each has it's own nuances. Please come back over and properly introduce yourself and I believe you will be warmly welcomed and any input you have will be appreciated. Mike (aka RARE PONY at mach1club)

Last edited by a moderator:
I´ll quote myself, as I have written this in another thread just a few hours ago, but it makes sense to post it here too:

RE: Gettin' close to a couple of milestones

Lemme chime in here!

I love this forum. I am no computer or internet guy, I am a member on only 3 other forums. The Fender Telecaster Forum (tdpri), the German Dr-Mustang forum and the German Mopar Forum (as I was planning to buy a Mopar one of these days but I never check into that one).

I don´t have a Facebook account or a MySpace site or whatever and I am not registered to Youtube.

So you might say this is the only place I try to look up every day. On the other Mustang forum you can´t post a pic or a remark without tons of trolls bashing you for it. It´s like they don´t want you to have nice car and they´re only on the forum to show off theirs!

I got bashed for putting on the 18 Inch rims, for the 69 hood scoop, for the painted grille and for owning a 71-73 in general! :)

Nobody ever tells you they like it.

I did not post my thread about the bigger wheels on the Mustang (with all the measurements) on the German one. It would have ended in all kinds of people telling you that it doesn´t look right or that those measurements can´t be accurate because of some stupid reason, only because they did not post it themselves.

I´m sick of that, so here I am and I´m here to stay!:p

You guys rock!:banana:

Not that it matters but FasTnNefariouS, you gave no one any time to respond to your questions.

Rocketfoot, be careful bro as soon as you do something this guy doesn't like he will bash you all over the place.

I normally do not respond to stuff like this, but frankly I don't even know where this dudes coming from. 7173Mustangs.com and Mach1Club.com I believe are 2 very good sites that are run by people that care about there sites and the members. Do we do everything perfect? Probably not, but I know the effort is there.

This webmaster crap is a pretty thankless job over all because I promise you, you have no idea how much time and effort goes into putting this stuff together for everyone to enjoy. I know what Rocketfoot has done here and many, many, many hours of his time is invested in this site! You've done a great job Rocketfoot!!

For the ones that like to frequent the websites thanks for your support, for the ones that wanna bash for no reason, good riddance.

FasTnNefariouS you dude speak with forked tongue and to call the members of my website hillbillies shows exactly the type of person you are.

Honi ko'u 'elemu.

I make nothing off Mach1Club, but pay every single month to keep it going, I do it because I like to do it for the people that want to be part of it.

I learned a long time ago you cannot please every person that crosses the website. I also know Mach1Club is not going anywhere, and there are big plans in the works. Stay tuned.........
LOL! I never called any of your members a Hillbilly. I simply said "I think about that website and wonder if it's all redneck hillbillies" Thinking your site's lack of welcomes was PERHAPS racially motivated due to my geological location. Poor choice in words on my part and I do apologize if I've offended anyone. I think 2 days with I believe 68 views and 0 replies was enough time to realize that I wasn't wanted and I kindly I'med you to let you know that I didn't feel welcomed and I'm leaving your site. I did delete my post because I replied to it and said things that wasn't nice. I never once, till now, talked about your website, so don't go putting words in my mouth. Thanks Ole Pony, but this is why I won't go back to that website. Your leader is a riot who speaks damn good Hawaiian. Don't get your panties in a scrunchy mr Mach1club Administrator! I was simply explaining my experience and nothing more.

Last edited by a moderator:
Guys This is a FRIENDLY community if you have a beef please settle it in PRIVATE!

We have a good thing going here and we want to keep it that way. We will not always agree or necessarily be friends but settle these disputes privately please.

Guys This is a FRIENDLY community if you have a beef please settle it in PRIVATE!

We have a good thing going here and we want to keep it that way. We will not always agree or necessarily be friends but settle these disputes privately please.
You are correct. I have removed my posting here.

Aloha,

DJ
DJ,

I am truly sorry that you feel as you do about Mach 1 Club. Your 8 post on the 6 threads on 6/29 6/30 were before my time. I do wish that you would give the forum another chance as I do not believe that the Mach 1 Club is what you have described as your first impression. Each forum is a collection of it's membership and some fit better with one than another but Mach 1 Club's desire is to help those with Mach 1's (and other car questions) to the fullest of their ability. I belong to both forums and joined both about the same time. I was graciously welcomed by both. I have posted the same questions on both forums and have greatly gleaned from both. The forum idea was new to me when I came aboard but I am now fully hooked.

Please give Mach 1 Club another go. Introduce yourself and your car and we will do our best over there to be helpful and an encouragement to you.

Steven Harris

Different people will have different experiences on forums. I have talked to Joe (mach1club.com) many times and he seems like a great guy and he runs a wonderful Mach 1 forum! I also completely understand what DJ was expressing and I'm sure he meant no harm by it. It is ok to agree to disagree at times. :cool: BTW...Mach1club.com is probably one of the only other forums out there that enjoy the 71-73's almost as much as us...the owner owns one himself!

Different people will have different experiences on forums. I have talked to Joe (mach1club.com) many times and he seems like a great guy and he runs a wonderful Mach 1 forum! I also completely understand what DJ was expressing and I'm sure he meant no harm by it. It is ok to agree to disagree at times. :cool:
Well put!!!!!

Back