• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to 7173 Mustangs.com and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Too short front seat belts - Free

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mach 1 w/408C stroker
I had this in my front seats and wanted them shortened. Unfortunately they were shortened about a foot too much. They are free if you think you can use them. They include a shoulder extension. You cover shipping.
20220110_214958.jpg

Tony, that sucks. Someone can't use a tape measure?
However, it's a good pic of what the shoulder drop sash and long "C" bar should look like for anyone considering buying a 3 point harness replacement system.
Would they be too short for someone with the seat towards the front? I might be interested. I'll send you a PM.

Tony, that sucks. Someone can't use a tape measure?
However, it's a good pic of what the shoulder drop sash and long "C" bar should look like for anyone considering buying a 3 point harness replacement system.
Would they be too short for someone with the seat towards the front? I might be interested. I'll send you a PM.
Geoff, I think it will be short. It was very tight with the seat towards the back and that was before my xmas beer belly.

Geoff, I think it will be short. It was very tight with the seat towards the back and that was before my xmas beer belly.
Ok Tony, that really sucks then. If whomever shortened the belts, screwed up, then they ought to be responsible to re-web the belts to the length you ordered. Worth a try.

Ok Tony, that really sucks then. If whomever shortened the belts, screwed up, then they ought to be responsible to re-web the belts to the length you ordered. Worth a try.
It was my fault. I wanted them shortened, but somehow I screwed up the dimensions. I since have new ones that work great. It was an expensive episode, but hey, who doesn't go through a few of those.

It was my fault. I wanted them shortened, but somehow I screwed up the dimensions. I since have new ones that work great. It was an expensive episode, but hey, who doesn't go through a few of those.
That's too bad Tony. I feel your pain, done that many times.
Why did you need to shorten in the first place? The reel takes up enough slack, at least on mine it does.

That's too bad Tony. I feel your pain, done that many times.
Why did you need to shorten in the first place? The reel takes up enough slack, at least on mine it does.
In my case it was not reeling back completely and leaving some web lose. I was being picky! I thought that cutting a few inches will do the trick. Somehow I had too much cut. It is also possible that they screwed up and cut more but I was not able to prove it. In any case, this was a year ago. Sunk cost and move on. I am hoping that someone here could use it maybe in a different car or application.

In my case it was not reeling back completely and leaving some web lose. I was being picky! I thought that cutting a few inches will do the trick. Somehow I had too much cut. It is also possible that they screwed up and cut more but I was not able to prove it. In any case, this was a year ago. Sunk cost and move on. I am hoping that someone here could use it maybe in a different car or application.
I think I know what you mean, mine does the same thing, but that is caused by the lap buckle that does not slide freely like our modern car belts. It's annoying for sure.
As you say though, move on.

Ha! I've found seat belts shorten themselves automatically over the years, particularly airplane seat belts. Come to think of it, pants belts seem to shorten over time as well...Hmmmm...must be due to Climate Change...

Ha! I've found seat belts shorten themselves automatically over the years, particularly airplane seat belts. Come to think of it, pants belts seem to shorten over time as well...Hmmmm...must be due to Climate Change...
My pants and belt shortened just after the holidays!:unsure:

Back