Took 73 vert for dinner last night.

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
Multiple Mustangs!
I have done nothing in the garage after finishing the 73 Mach 1 and getting to the MOM.

I had to catch up on work outside. Wanted a garden so in order to keep the critters out, deer, turkeys, ground hogs, I fenced it with 5' chain link fence 80' X 80'. Has been killer hot for last two weeks while getting it done.

So last afternoon after tilling the garden and mowing grass in the hight 80's to 90 deg. I got the 73 vert put the top down picked up a friend and we went for dinner. She had never ridden in the car which is quite loud, lol.

On the 9 mile trip to the restaurant a 78 or 79 Corvette pulled up by me and he took off from one light and I did not. So the next we were in more of an open area with 55 mph limit and I saw no light bars. He took off then I did . When the 73 shifted from first to second I was past him in the blink of an eye. He and his passenger looked shocked, lol.

The 73 has 351 that the PO bored .050" over, flat top pistons, cam of what lift and duration I have no idea. 2-V heads with Edelbrock Performer intake and Holley 4-V. MSD ignition. I think I am only running about 6 deg. advance with 90 octane non ethanol fuel with Lucas gas treatment and StaBil.

It has a C-4 that PO put a higher stall converter and shift kit in. I have to watch my launch with single wheel rear or I go up in smoke. When it shifts to second it also spins.

So it was fun to beat a car that probably cost three times what mine did originally. I bet his passenger gave him heck, lol. Mine just sat there silent, lol. She says I drive without hesitation.

Cruised up into the national forest some them back home.

This is the car that the PO let set for 25 years then 2 after I got it. He had put one head gasket on backwards so it blew the coolant out when you shut off the engine. It does not overhead even in the 90 deg. weather since I put the gaskets on correct. His loss my gain.

Back