Top level...

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok I got one! So the dash is painted charcoal metallic black along with the metal pieces of the fold-down rear seat. What color do I paint my steering column and my center console? I am assuming regular semi gloss black and not charcoal metallic black? It's an original 71 Mach 1 grabber green with deluxe white interior.

Do we want to create sub-categories if possible to break materials down for easier searches?

Possibly:

1. Interior

2. Body

3. Trunk

4. Engine Compartment

5. Undercarriage

This coincides with the MCA category breakdowns. It may allow for some consistency in language and reference for questions and dialogue.

Do we want to create sub-categories if possible to break materials down for easier searches?

Possibly:

1. Interior

2. Body

3. Trunk

4. Engine Compartment

5. Undercarriage

This coincides with the MCA category breakdowns. It may allow for some consistency in language and reference for questions and dialogue.
Yes.

Great idea.

Ray

first here... now what...::thumb::
Time for you to set the standard! I have been watching your build. You can do it. ;)
I am here to continue to learn like everyone else. I spend considerable time researching my car and what was once its true original factory condition and will continue to use what I learn to complete the build accordingly.

People coming to this component of the 71/71 Mustang site will have an interest in factory original procedures and processes.

I am happy to contribute and look forward to other knowledgable members contributions as well!

Last edited:

Possibly:

1. Interior

2. Body

3. Trunk

4. Engine Compartment

5. Undercarriage

Yes.

Great idea.

Ray
I was thinking the same.

Possibly:

1. Interior

2. Body

3. Trunk

4. Engine Compartment

5. Undercarriage

Done!

Possibly:

1. Interior

2. Body

3. Trunk

4. Engine Compartment

5. Undercarriage

Done! The main forum is for general discussions and the sub forums will handle all the specific discussions as requested. We will need a moderator or 2 to make sure topics are put in the correct sub forums...

Possibly:

1. Interior

2. Body

3. Trunk

4. Engine Compartment

5. Undercarriage

Done!
Thank You ::thumb::

I can moderate it as far as putting the topic into the right cathegory is concerned. BUT as one single look at my car will tell you I know nothing about anything concerning concourse correct stuff. :)

At the beginning of this section we need to add the MCA rules for judging and points deductions etc. I have a PDF of this for 71-73 mustangs if someone wants to post contact me.

Here is a screenshot of page 1.

ogw080.png

At the beginning of this section we need to add the MCA rules for judging and points deductions etc. I have a PDF of this for 71-73 mustangs if someone wants to post contact me.

ogw080.png
This is good stuff for sure. I would also suggest an adjacent sub section to this along the lines of "factory procedures/ processes" that can be verified and then added here for others to utilize in their restorations. The MCA rules give the specific requirements to in order to achieve a certain level of restoration, but they do not spell out how to get there... This is the true art of restoring our cars, how to complete a certain task to meet the minimum requirement. There are many folks here who have completed great work to bring back specific parts of the car to near factory condition, as it rolled off the assembly line. It would be nice to have a section that addresses the various procedures to achieve that high level, specific component restoration. As Midlife noted earlier in this thread, the hood blackout paint application should be well documented to satisfy the MCA minimum requirement, as one example. Food for thought...

ogw080.png
::thumb:: That would be perfect for someone like me. It would save 1000's of hours putting things right that i PRESUMED were right before the facts were presented to me. :goodpost:

Back