Top power feed wire location assistance

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RIBS

Reaction score
My Car
1971 Sprint Tribute 302 C4 Convertible
I need to know how to route the power feed from the power top switch to the starter relay.

I assume it goes under dash, through the firewall somewhere and goes along fender to starter relay? 

anyone have pics especially where wire and rubber grommet pass through firewall? 

I know the bullet connector goes in switch wiring, and the circuit breaker end connect to battery side of starter relay. 

I just need to know the routing path.

thanks!

47FA11D7-4E47-443B-B745-103021EF67B9.jpeg

The circuit breaker attaches to the starter solenoid.  The wire runs along the passenger side tower brace, the firewall to a hole in the firewall on the outside of the brake master cylinder.  That is what the panel grommet fits in.  The yellow 3 socket connector is the accessory power for the power top.

The circuit breaker attaches to the starter solenoid.  The wire runs along the passenger side tower brace, the firewall to a hole in the firewall on the outside of the brake master cylinder.  That is what the panel grommet fits in.  The yellow 3 socket connector is the accessory power for the power top.
Thanks!

Between Mikegriese and Midlife, and a couple of replacement cylinders and lines, I now have a fully functional convertible top mechanism, from battery to switch to hydraulics!

Thanks guys!

Back