Total Control Products

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mach1 351C 4V
Back in the spring I ordered the complete front and rear coil over conversion including a-arms strut rods front and 4-link rear. These orders were all phoned in to ensure they knew exactly what I had, exactly what I wanted and needed.

First order was for the front, boxes arrived, I put them away until needed. I did not open anything.

Couple weeks later, phoned and ordered rear setup.

After reviewing Jason's (autoedit) video and checking online for contents of the rear setup I phoned once again for what I thought I also needed. This included the welding jig for the upper link housing mounts and the rear sway bar. I was told the welding jig was in fact included in the package so only the rear sway bar was ordered.

Once again the boxes arrive and are put away for later use. Well later is here and the issues are starting. Front strut rods are incorrect. A phone call, a few emails with pics and this is confirmed by the salesman. No solution has been brought forward yet, this is going on day 3. Yesterday in assembling the rear kit I find much to my surprise that there is indeed a rear sway bar and end links included in kit. I open final box to check on the bar they let me order hoping that at least it would be an upgrade on the parts included in the kit. No such luck. It is the exact bar and end link kit.

I quickly send off an email to Mike, the guy dealing with the strut rods to see where we are with a resolution to that problem and ask how they could allow me to order parts already included in the rear kit...his response to the double order is that several days had passed and the orders where shipped independently, unfortunately no way someone could have foreseen the issue.

Now, having dealt with them over several calls I know that the first thing they do is look up your order history, review your car and parts and move forward from there. My response to his "no way someone could have foreseen this" was simply "Pardon??"

He emailed back with "you asked me to look into it and I did"

I was expecting an update on both situations today but received nothing but silence. Hoping the weekend allows them time to straighten things out and make me happy early next week.

To put the rear sway bar into context, with the exchange rate, shipping and duties it cost me almost $700 to get it here.

So what was the out come of your install?

I have been thinking about doing a TCP kit but am a bit leary after the troubles you have had.

Do you give a thumbs up? or thumbs down? on product and customer srvc.

Bru

CalgaryChris,

Do you have pictures? Are they going to pay for the return ship? Sounds like poor customer service. What should have been said, "Oh My god, we are sorry! What can we do to fix it?"

There is other vendors out there who love your business!! One wonders why business go out of business.

Take a look at my thread on the TCP Strut and Lower Control arm. Good Luck and keep us posted!!

mustang7173

I can't offer a view for your issues but maybe some info for others. I purchased a Street of Track coil over system and Shaun is on his email in a heartbeat as I work the install. No issues with his stuff, more with me getting back in hobby I left 25 years ago. I have had a couple of questions that I emailed and within a couple of hours I had a reply. I was short four washers and two days later they were in the mail box. No axe to grind. Just another's experience with another supplier..

I hope they worked out all the issues for you. Their stuff looks really good. It would suck for them to have such crappy customer service. After rebuilding 3 or 4 cars now, one thing I have learned. When you order parts, take every part out of the box immediately, look it over for damage, accuracy, and check every piece against the packing list and your original order form, and verify all the part numbers on the parts match whats on your order and the packing list. Every SINGLE TIME, I neglected to perform this simple task, there was an issue of some kind. Mistakes happen, hopefully not very often. A vendors true strength lies in how they handle issues. In my book, there is NEVER ANY EXCUSE for poor customer service. I never hesitate to ASK FOR THE OWNER to call me. They are interested in issues like this, and will almost always bend over backwards to insure everyone who dropped the ball gets corrected or removed.

Amen to that.

mustang7173

I hope they worked out all the issues for you. Their stuff looks really good. It would suck for them to have such crappy customer service. After rebuilding 3 or 4 cars now, one thing I have learned. When you order parts, take every part out of the box immediately, look it over for damage, accuracy, and check every piece against the packing list and your original order form, and verify all the part numbers on the parts match whats on your order and the packing list. Every SINGLE TIME, I neglected to perform this simple task, there was an issue of some kind. Mistakes happen, hopefully not very often. A vendors true strength lies in how they handle issues. In my book, there is NEVER ANY EXCUSE for poor customer service. I never hesitate to ASK FOR THE OWNER to call me. They are interested in issues like this, and will almost always bend over backwards to insure everyone who dropped the ball gets corrected or removed.

Been busy with work but things are finally slowing down. They took the parts back. I was still out the duties and the shipping cost to get them here but things were resolved within 3 weeks I would guess. Will try and get some pics up on my build thread this week if I don't get called back to work. Quality and fit is excellent. Still months from actually getting to run the car

Back