Transport to body shops

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shanehrrr

Reaction score
My Car
1972 Mustang Coupe with 351C 2v
Looking for input and ideas on transporting 72' coupe to body/frame shops for bids.

My son and I are removing engine, tranny, seats, carpet, power steering, brake booster, brake lines, fuel lines, fuel tank. We are leaving some of dash, suspension, and rear end for ease of transportation.

Wanting to take this to body shops to get bids on repairs for rust. I don't know much about unibody frames and wanted a professional for repairs. Last thing I want is to spend a bunch of money on engine and suspension just for it to sit on rusted out frame.

Any ideas on cheap ideas to transport? Only thing I can think of is UHAUL tow dolly, since drive shift is already out.

+1 on the trailer, easy to back up when you need to, with most tow dollies you can only back up in a straight line, any deviations can damage something.

Edit: Plus, when it's up on a car trailer the shop can easily look underneath.

+1 on the trailer, easy to back up when you need to, with most tow dollies you can only back up in a straight line, any deviations can damage something.

Edit: Plus, when it's up on a car trailer the shop can easily look underneath.
Great point. Thanks

Back