Trunk Paint

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
the above link is a Great place for Details.

I painted my truck first with the Body color, then used the Splatter paint just like they show in the pictures in teh above link, then I clear coated it with a matt finish clearcoat just for protection.
Regarding the trunk area. How did you paint inside the tail-light panel, body color or splatter paint?????:

While I was reassembling my car after being painted I found that the original spatter paint was gray with white specs.

Duplicolor has a matching paint; that is what I will be using.
I guess I wasn't clear in previous posts. The light grey with white specs is correct for 1971. http://www.mainemustang.com/mustang-info/1971-mustang-technical-data/1971-mustang-paint-colors-codes/1971mustangcolorcodes Perhaps I posted too much data, sorry for the confusion. Chuck
What is original on the trunk inner tailight panel, splatter or body color????

Last edited by a moderator:

I painted my truck first with the Body color, then used the Splatter paint just like they show in the pictures in teh above link, then I clear coated it with a matt finish clearcoat just for protection.
Regarding the trunk area. How did you paint inside the tail-light panel, body color or splatter paint?????:
I duplicated the original, body paint first, then Spatter 1/2 way up and spatter over spray on the light housings.

20130425_065605.jpg

20130425_190854.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

I duplicated the original, body paint first, then Spatter 1/2 way up and spatter over spray on the light housings.
Thank you so much. Back in the day, they sure did a great job at the factory, lol!!!!!! They must have been sniffing some of the overspray!

One more question, did you paint the tailight housings. My housings need to be painted or something.

What product spatter paint is that? I need a good one for my 72

Both my 72 Mach1 and 72 sprint have minimal splatter over spray on the inside of the rear taillight panel and tail light housings. It's not unusual to have over spray on the reflector light housings.

Isn't black Gray for 71? And the one with aqua In it for 72?

Back