Trunk Weatherstripping install question?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RIBS

Reaction score
My Car
1971 Sprint Tribute 302 C4 Convertible
After paint, I am installing new trunk weatherstripping seal….
it sort of snapped into place when test fitting…does it need glue underneath or can it just float in the base? I have the 3M glue..

Attachments

• F437C09E-E3D8-4324-BE24-3677041EEB50.jpeg
    F437C09E-E3D8-4324-BE24-3677041EEB50.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 3
Isn't this the weatherstripping for the lift/lid? I ordered the one for the lid but need it for the trunk see attached photo need trunk weatherstripping on the body not the lid. Attached photo with the red showing the weatherstripping I am looking for (coupe on photo) but can't find the same for the fastback all of the photos for lid weatherstripping the red line shows its for the lid

Attachments

• lid.jpg
    lid.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 1
  • R.jpg
    R.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 0
Isn't this the weatherstripping for the lift/lid? I ordered the one for the lid but need it for the trunk see attached photo need trunk weatherstripping on the body not the lid. Attached photo with the red showing the weatherstripping I am looking for (coupe on photo) but can't find the same for the fastback all of the photos for lid weatherstripping the red line shows its for the lid

The trunk weatherstripping on a 71-73 glues into a channel on the body, there's nothing on the lid. The part I linked to is good for all three body styles, you just trim it to length for a sportsroof.

I used NPD's weatherstripping on a convertible. It has remained soft and flexible for 8 years so far. It seems to be a good product. Just make the seam near the center at the back of the car.

Last edited:
Back