Ulnar Nerve entrapment

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
72 mustang fastback,{mine} 74 Chevy Nova {girlfriends car}
2001 Sunfire that is falling apart haha.
Well I have just been diagnosed with an Ulnar Nerve entrapment. That is the one we call the funny bone. It causes my pinky finger and half the one beside it to be numb. I have one month of strong anti inflammatory pills to take and if that doesn't work it may require minor surgery. It is extremely annoying and cause you to loose a little strength in that arm. Apparently it is the next most common nerve problem after carpal tunnel syndrome

Eric, I have been having the same problem for a couple of years but thought it might be related to my advanced age. LOL

I will have to bring it up to my Primary Care Provider during my next visit. I tell you, there is ALL kinds of god information on this Site.

BT

I had that in my left elbow a few years back. Had the surgery, and it worked 100%. About a week of pills, then 3 more weeks before I could get back in the shop.

Glad to be of service haha. I was told a lot of people have it but think it's just bad circulation. I just hope I won't need the surgery. I don't like taking time off work. But if it has to be done it has to be done.

Hey Eric, has that Ulnar Nerve treating you? I was wondering if the pills worked. I just had that surgery done last Thursday, It was worse than they had thought. The surgery was supposed to take around 45 minutes, It took my surgeon almost 3 hours???????

I was told that nerve damage takes from 8-16 months to heal, . I hope not, this numbness is driving me crazy!!!!

Dave

Sorry to hear about that, hope all goes well. I think I'm getting carpal tunnel syndrome from clicking this mouse too much!!!

Glad to be of service haha. I was told a lot of people have it but think it's just bad circulation. I just hope I won't need the surgery. I don't like taking time off work. But if it has to be done it has to be done.
Not in your drinking arm I hope:cool:

Not in your drinking arm I hope:cool:
actually yes hahaha but it's not as bad right now. it's still numb but not as much. The anti inflammatory pills didn't do much. So if it gets worse again I guess I'll need to go under the knife.

Back