Under engine crossmember

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hotstang

Reaction score
My Car
71 Mach 1, owned since 73
66 Convertible
Getting the parts needed to replace my damaged crossmembers on my 71 Mach 1. I found the #1 crossmember in stock and it is being shipped out. The #2 crossmember (under engine) is out of stock with every vendor I check with. Even Dynacorn says they don't know when part 3601L will be back in stock.
Anyone know how I can one of these?

I ran into supply problems trying to find a Sniper EFI system for the Rickster, too. Even Holley said it would be the end of October before they would be back in stock, butI found one out in Iowa at a shop I don't recall ever hearing of before. With that being said, many places may not stock them and have them drop shipped from the manufacturer (who doesn't have any), but there may be someone out there. I would keep checking with every vendor you can find, and ask if they don't have it, ask them if they know someone else who might.

If all else fails, you may be able to find a good used one from Don or Mike. They will likely cut it out, and you'll have to remove the unneeded parts from the crossmember and then remove the crossmember from the car. It's a lot of work, but doable. Good luck.

Back