Underside finished.

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

83slimer

Reaction score
My Car
1973 sportsroof mustang
20151105_182522.jpg20151105_182644.jpg20151105_182534.jpg20151105_182455.jpg

Hi Guy's

Posting in case othes would like to go this route, Full floor replaced and about 100 hours spent just getting everything right under my car before applying the por15 with a spray gun and then applying approx 10 cans of bedliner in a spray can. I found that the bedliner rattle cans put out a even texture with no big bumps or runs.

I used the bedliner rattle cans under mine as well after replacing the floors. I found the same thing you did, came out great.

Very Nice! ::thumb::

But, tell me more about the Jeep with the 33" TSX Swampers. ;) :D

Underside looks great! When I did mine I opted for all body color. I wish now I would've painted it like yours.flr pans base clr 2.JPGRH shock tow. base clr.JPG

lol its for sale, 400 hp chev did a full build frame up 3 years ago, 410 gears beats the mustang for the first 100ft lol

Underside looks great! When I did mine I opted for all body color. I wish now I would of painted it like yours.
Thats very very blue lol , ya my thinking is if it ever gets scuffed or anything i can just whip out a can of bedliner and match it up.

Last edited by a moderator:

lol its for sale, 400 hp chev did a full build frame up 3 years ago, 410 gears beats the mustang for the first 100ft lol
Nice! I've already got one, though... 1980 CJ-7, 258 I-6 (4.2L), T-176 4-sp., Dana 300 T-case, Dana 30 & AMC 20 w/4.10s, Detroit, Moser 1-piece axles, 4" Pro Comp lift, 33x15.50 TSXs on 15x10s.

attachment.php

Oddly enough, my Mustang is kind of crowding out the Jeep as well. It's at home in the garage, with the Jeep stuffed into a storage unit until I get off my lazy butt and clean out the rest of the garage so it can have a place to come home to. ;)

Nice! I've already got one, though... 1980 CJ-7, 258 I-6 (4.2L), T-176 4-sp., Dana 300 T-case, Dana 30 & AMC 20 w/4.10s, Detroit, Moser 1-piece axles, 4" Pro Comp lift, 33x15.50 TSXs on 15x10s.

attachment.php

Oddly enough, my Mustang is kind of crowding out the Jeep as well. It's at home in the garage, with the Jeep stuffed into a storage unit until I get off my lazy butt and clean out the rest of the garage so it can have a place to come home to. ;)
I've built cj7's for years kinda getting out of it but still have another mint frame and fiberglass body and scout 44s, ya you got the same tires i have on my cj I love the look of them. FB_IMG_1425769442087_resized_4.jpg

Underside looks great. I am about to do mine.

Could you please be more specific about what paints (brand/colour) and basic process?

Por15 chassis black first then bedliner all over - who's bedliner?

Cheers

Sandblasted complete car and repaired all metal first, then seam sealed everything underneath using tape as a guide to make it look niice. Everything was primed with basic aerosol rattle cans. I used POR 15 high gloss and then sprayed the bedliner BED ARMOUR brand from canadian tire while it was all still tacky to help promote adhesion to the POR 15 took about 12 cans of bedliner spray. I liked the aerosol spray type as it lays down a consistant textured finish that I can recoat If needed at a later time.

Could you please be more specific about what paints (brand/colour) and basic process?

Cheers
images.jpgPOR15.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Sandblasted complete car and repaired all metal first, then seam sealed everything underneath using tape as a guide to make it look niice. Everything was primed with basic aerosol rattle cans. I used POR 15 high gloss and then sprayed the bedliner BED ARMOUR brand from canadian tire while it was all still tacky to help promote adhesion to the POR 15 took about 12 cans of bedliner spray. I liked the aerosol spray type as it lays down a consistant textured finish that I can recoat If needed at a later time.

Cheers
Perhaps I missed it but how long did the whole process take you? I can't imagine doing that on jack stands.

Back