Unknown electrical wires

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1st73mach

Reaction score
Hey guys, upon investigating under the dash, i found a bulkhead of wires that has no obvious location in my car. I have a 73 mach one 351c 4spd. im always having issues with electrical things when it comes to cars, and i can never seem to get away from them. I also found a couple more wires in that general area that i cant seem to figure out where and what they go to. Can anyone help me identify what there could be? 

5B359168-40E6-485D-960B-D9AEAB36BCAC.jpeg

A5FD35E4-550C-42D7-AA75-86CF9B9E4C15.jpeg

C0D9D2FD-D168-42EA-BFBE-DF80888DE8BA.jpeg

AA294362-5A26-4B42-B99E-64106BA77FB6.jpeg

Pic #1

Black w/yellow hash is A/C compressor clutch feed

Red w/yellow hash and brown? - fairly sure this is the connector for the spark control system which is not present on all cars. 

Pic #2 

Factory radio power and illumination plugs

Pic #3

Gauge cluster connector, plugs into the back side of the speedometer. 

Pic #1

Red w/yellow hash and brown? - fairly sure this is the connector for the spark control system which is not present on all cars. 

Pic #2 

Pic #3

You trying to take over my business???  LOL

+3.

Last edited by a moderator:
Pic #1

Pic #2 

Pic #3

So i dont have an A/C compressor, does that mean the clutch feed wire is irrelevant?

also i dont see any kind of plugs in the back of my radio that show those wires belong there so im unsure if you’re correct about those wires. 

72/73 were all wired for AC whether the car had it or not, so yes, that wire is irrelevant in your case.  As for the radio plug, is your radio factory or aftermarket?  The wires described above are for the factory set-up. 

72/73 were all wired for AC whether the car had it or not, so yes, that wire is irrelevant in your case.  As for the radio plug, is your radio factory or aftermarket?  The wires described above are for the factory set-up. 
I believe its factory but it could be after market. I have no idea what factory looks like exactly

The factory radio (AM) would have a 2 pin male that mates with those wires.  White/purple is fused ACC power, blue/red is lamp power.

Back