Upcoming Car Shows

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mustang Mach 1, M code, 4 speed.
Hope this is the right place to post this as we don't have a heading for just "Car Shows".

This is for a couple of big shows in SW Ontario, Canada.

First, while there is no definite news as of this date, The Amherstburg (Ontario) show that is normally held around the third weekend in July, is somewhat in jeopardy due to bickering about who's actually putting the show on this year. We got a long 'letter' explaining the issues, but at this time we don't know if the show will go on. It would be a great shame if it gets cancelled as it's a really good show with typically 700 classic cars attending in downtown Amherstburg (close to Windsor). I'll update this when I learn more. I know several Detroit area members were thinking of going this year.

Better than that, we are having a huge 40th anniversary weekend for RM Sotherby's Auctions and Restoration right here in Chatham Ontario. The normal Retro-Fest weekend is in May, but has been changed for this year to June 21-22. to coincide. I can share on the forum Facebook.

In brief, there are plans for some very rare and private cars to be on display, cars from private collections. Also a huge parade on Friday afternoon followed by a concert by the Sam Roberts Band (never heard of them myself, but!) Then on Saturday the entire downtown will be filled with classic cars, approx. 700 expected.

Lots to see and do and word that there may be several "Celebrity's" wandering around. ALL money raised will go to support LOCAL charity's.

For any of the Detroit area or other's who fancy the trip here, I strongly suggest booking hotels NOW. There are only a limited amount here and believe me they will be booked solid soon.

If you're not on Facebook, I'm not sure if I can link the press release here. I can post more info as I get it.

Hope some of you can make it. We can arrange to meet up. There are usually several US visitors and some from as far away as SC last year.

Geoff.

Posted on 7173Mustangs FB page!!

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm still hoping at least a few Michigan or Ohio members (or any other State) will come join us for the "Party" June 21-22. As long as the weather holds out, we can't unfortunately control the weather, it's going be a great weekend. I'm pretty sure there will be tours of the RM facility and museum, but to be honest, plans are not yet fully available.

ALSO, on June 23rd, there is another BIG show in Sarnia Ontario, so if anyone is thinking of coming for the weekend, it's fairly close to the Bluewater Bridge back to the States. Another 500 cars show and they have really good prizes!!!! Sarnia is just 45 miles north of here on the way to the Bluewater Bridge crossing.

Again, I can't stress the need to find local hotels and book NOW!

Let me know if interested.

Geoff

Update;

I forgot to mention there will also be a Friday (June 21st) evening cruise of about 500+ cars. The route is not yet decided on for this year, but for me personally, I don't participate any more because I drive a stick shift and just find it hard on the car as well as my left leg!

If anyone is thinking of coming, but worried about parking overnight, a friend has space for 10 cars at his home nearby to Chatham. I think other overnight storage will be available, but all for a price of course in Canadian dollars!! Again, book early.

Again if you are coming it's going to be very busy here that weekend, hotels are in short supply, book now!

As far as celebrities coming, Wayne Carini  from Chasing Classic Cars will be here. none others have yet been announced.

PM me for more info.

Geoff

overnight storage at my friends place is $40 and may also have B&B for one or two, but that depends on if a renovation gets done in time.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hope this is the right place to post this as we don't have a heading for just "Car Shows".

First, while there is no definite news as of this date, The Amherstburg (Ontario) show that is normally held around the third weekend in July, is somewhat in jeopardy due to bickering about who's actually putting the show on this year. We got a long 'letter' explaining the issues, but at this time we don't know if the show will go on. It would be a great shame if it gets cancelled as it's a really good show with typically 700 classic cars attending in downtown Amherstburg (close to Windsor). I'll update this when I learn more. I know several Detroit area members were thinking of going this year.

Better than that, we are having a huge 40th anniversary weekend for RM Sotherby's Auctions and Restoration right here in Chatham Ontario. The normal Retro-Fest weekend is in May, but has been changed for this year to June 21-22. to coincide. I can share on the forum Facebook.

In brief, there are plans for some very rare and private cars to be on display, cars from private collections. Also a huge parade on Friday afternoon followed by a concert by the Sam Roberts Band (never heard of them myself, but!) Then on Saturday the entire downtown will be filled with classic cars, approx. 700 expected.

Lots to see and do and word that there may be several "Celebrity's" wandering around. ALL money raised will go to support LOCAL charity's.

For any of the Detroit area or other's who fancy the trip here, I strongly suggest booking hotels NOW. There are only a limited amount here and believe me they will be booked solid soon.

If you're not on Facebook, I'm not sure if I can link the press release here. I can post more info as I get it.

Hope some of you can make it. We can arrange to meet up. There are usually several US visitors and some from as far away as SC last year.

Geoff.

Actually there is but not many use it/

https://www.7173mustangs.com/forum-car-clubs-shows-cruises-and-events

Geoff.

Actually there is but not many use it/

https://www.7173mustangs.com/forum-car-clubs-shows-cruises-and-events
Thanks, but Canada doesn't exist on that map!!

I'll check it out for sure, thanks,

Geoff.

Back