Update: Fuel issue

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I use Sea Foam as a fuel stabilizer in the old cars, generator, and everything else that has a small engine. It has worked well for that purpose for a long time. On the newer vehicles with fuel injection I use BG 44K once or twice a year. I have also used a pressurized can of injector cleaner attached to the fuel rail (with the fuel pump fuse/relay removed). Start it, let it idle until it quits and injectors are clean. Chuck

Or, make a weapon of mass destruction (easy to do with easily obtainable and legal substances). Remember Oklahoma City? The crazies will always come up with a way. Recently there have been several instances of them running around in transit terminals and vehicles with knives, slashing and stabbing people to death. I guess knives will be next on the hit list. Amazing how the radical liberals have focused on getting rid of guns, along with the antifa crowd and defund police idiots. They are the ones that scare me, take our guns away and then police protection. It's pretty obvious what they have in mind.
ok, here we go. Let’s just not make it a one way conversation in fairness

Started before me, take a read. I will speak up and call out the BS logic about paranoia over logical gun control.
No worries. I wasn't referring to your post, specifically, just that the thread took a turn away from the OP's post. Everyone is entitled to their opinions. The 2A/guns thing would be more appropriate in the Off Topic Discussions forum.

Started before me, take a read. I will speak up and call out the BS logic about paranoia over logical gun control.
Thank You Blaine, for helping us unwashed masses understand the complexity of "good gun" vs "bad gun" ownership.

No worries. I wasn't referring to your post, specifically, just that the thread took a turn away from the OP's post. Everyone is entitled to their opinions. The 2A/guns thing would be more appropriate in the Off Topic Discussions forum.
I should have ignored off topic comments in post.

I’ll keep my guns thanks. I live out in the county where when seconds count, the cops are about 20 minutes away. But that isn’t the point anyway, because the second amendment was written so that we the people could defend ourselves from tyrants... not for hunting, not even just for self-defense.

In our country at this moment a kid is raised with no father, bullied in school, bullied on the nightmare that is social media, plays violent video games, is prescribed anti-depressants which are know to cause psychosis in kids, is caught cutting himself for relief, threatens repeatedly to shoot people, then does so... and we focus on the tool he used to do it, and why you should take MY rights away.

You want my guns, then you are welcome to come and try to take them, but be advised: I am no sheep. I am a free American, with the inalienable right to bear arms, and am the son of free Americans who fought to maintain that right.

MOLON LABE

Last edited:
I’ll keep my guns thanks. I live out in the county where when seconds count, the cops are about 20 minutes away. But that isn’t the point anyway, because the second amendment was written so that we the people could defend ourselves from tyrants... not for hunting, not even just for self-defense.

In our country at this moment a kid is raised with no father, bullied in school, bullied on the nightmare that is social media, plays violent video games, is prescribed anti-depressants which are know to cause psychosis in kids, is caught cutting himself for relief, threatens repeatedly to shoot people, then does so... and we focus on the tool he used to do it, and why you should take MY rights away.

You want my guns, then you are welcome to come and try to take them, but be advised: I am no sheep. I am a free American, with the inalienable right to bear arms, and am the son of free Americans who fought to maintain that right.

MOLON LABE
Who is talking about taking your guns away?

I think it was the cat who wants to ban AR-15 style weapons.

This is concerning since the AR is just a semi-automatic rifle (as are many rifles starting at a tube fed marlin .22), and a relatively small caliber one to be honest (I wouldn’t use a .223 AR to shoot anything bigger than a coyote).

I am not an old man, but I remember when one could actually buy a real weapon of war, like an SKS or an M1 Garand through hardware stores or the civilian rifle programs. Somehow kids weren’t shooting up schools then. So one has to ask what changed? Is it culture or the evil magic kill machines?

Last edited:
I think a good comparison to an 18 year old being able to buy an AR15 is about the same as giving a teenage boy a 500+ hp car. Sure, some kids can handle the responsibility but a lot can‘t simply because of how fast you can end up upside down in a ditch or against a tree With that kind of power.

You seem like a somewhat reasonable dude and are obviously a fellow car enthusiast so I am not trying to insult you. I know the point you are trying to make, but it just isn’t the same. An AR is just not that serious a rifle. It shoots every time you pull the trigger, yes. Like a double-action revolver does. It shoots a varmint round, as I said, one you shouldn’t shoot a deer with. It has a detachable magazine, like a 1911 45 colt. That’s it. It may look like a machine gun, but it is not an automatic fire rifle like a military m16 or m4. It is simply not a 500 horsepower gun.

And in any event it is also legal for an adult at 18 to have a 500hp car. I certainly know (and frankly lament) that 18 year olds aren’t what they used to be, but legally they are adults. I would be very open to discuss ways that as a society we can help those with mental illness, and address the many other root causes of how a person yearns to take the life of innocent children. These aren’t empty words; I have volunteered my time and money for years working with youth. But it’s simply not the fault of the gun, or those of us who are responsible gun owners.

I haven’t ever gotten political on this forum before, and I don’t plan to make a habit of it. But sweeping statements that affect my constitutional rights but do not impede criminals in the least (who are not overly concerned with laws against murder, but will somehow not buy a gun illegally?) get me a little fired up.

Last edited:
Funny you ask...Joe Biden said it tonight. All major networks carried his proposal to criminalize and ban the possession of semi autos (so called "assault guns")

This is a photo of inside the house I grew up in. I took this photo 10 years ago when my mom passed, I did not want to forget what it was to grow up in a cage. What you see here is the hallway that goes to the rooms. The room you can see at the end is the master bedroom, and you can see one room right after the gate, that was my sisters room, and the one in the middle was my room. This is the typical gates that people put up in their homes to attempt to keep themselves safe from the criminal element which rules the streets. All the windows and door of the house had gates, so to get to this gate you needed to first go through those. Criminals there had figured out how to easily go through those gates, and since the government had conveniently disarmed the population, all you could hope, when you had a home invasion at night, was for you to be able to call the cops, before the criminals could break the gates to the bedrooms... They broke the gates with simple scissor jacks, you just put them between the bars and snap them off.
This home was in a gated community that has controlled access. All but 2 of the roads into the community had been closed with concrete walls that were first 6 feet tall (government regulation). eventually the 6 foot tall walls were deemed insufficient, and the regulation was changed to 8 foot tall walls. So, 2 feet were added to the walls, with cemented in broken glass on top of the walls, and barbed wire on top of that. Honestly, it made little difference... So, we lived inside a walled compound, with 8 foot tall walls, with broken glass on top of the walls, and barbed wire on top of everything. To get in you only had two 12 foot tall electronically operated gates which had barbed wire on top of them. After you passed the walls with the barb wire, broken glass, and gates, you got to your home. You got out of your car and opened the gate to the garage, from there you got out of the car and opened the gate in front of the steel front door. When you opened the gate in front of the front steel door, you needed to unlock two locks and now you were in your house. But wait! you still needed to get to your bedroom, so, you first had to open the gate before the bedrooms, then you had to unlock your door, and then finally you were in you own perfectly safe room...
People here in the USA do not understand how people in these other countries live where everyone was disarmed. You live in a literal jail, while the criminal element lives out in the wild. There is no worse feeling than being carjacked, have a gun put to your head, and have no means of defending yourself, I have been there... I moved out of this democratic utopia when my best friend got murdered getting to his home late at night after some late nigh street racing action in his 68 Camaro. He was shot 16 times in front of his wife and 4 year old daughter while unarmed in his driveway. Worst part about it all was that I had told him to carry his 357 revolver when he went out at night, he told me that he did not need to do that, as it was illegal, and he had no beefs with anyone...

Attachments

• thumbnail_920.jpg
    thumbnail_920.jpg
    344.3 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
Back to the topic at hand...

When I clean carbs, with or without an ultrasonic cleaner, I use carb cleaner spray and some tag wire to make sure all passages are free of restrictions. Don't use compressed air!!! Most carb issues are restricted passages not complete blockages. Pay close attention to the main and idle circuit air bleeds, the idle circuit fuel restrictors, the idle circuit outlet ports, the main jets and the emulsion tube ports. Most of the passageways are big enough to drive a truck through, it's the metering restrictions that need to be cleaned. An ultrasonic is a great tool but pay attention to the details. Just MY opinion...

I have an assortment of small gauge wire and a brush set designed to clean paint guns that I use to clean every passage in the carb. Chuck

Stanglover, Since you are a normal person, with a profession, it might take some time to get a green card for the US. We are in a downward spiral but still a bit more free than Trudeau's Canada. Or you could wade across the Rio Grande and say you are a refugee from Ascrackistan and gain immediate entry, free airfare, and a free cell phone. What could go wrong? Chuck
Chuck, that's too funny. Me a normal person!! Now I'm retired, I don't think the US would want me unless I win the lottery and can bring millions with me.
Trudeau has not done us any good and the tragedy is, he just got voted back in for 4 more years last October. Our Federal Conservative party lacks a strong clear thinking leader, but hopefully that will change before too long. What a friggin mess!

Back