Updated Pics of the Stang

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mach 1
So here are pics of the Stang as it sets now. 96k on the dial never rolled over. Original 302 Engine still running on leaded gas rebuilt sometime in the 80's. Never restored but was repainted years ago. Spent weeks now working on it to get it into DD condition again, been setting to many years. Inbetween Deployments, and PCS moves I haven't been able to do alot of the work I wanted to do previously. Work so far:

Replaced almost all of the rubber with Silicone hoses. Seemed I would fix one line and find another weak link. Still waiting on 5/8" Silicone Heater Hose o replace those.

Aluminum Intake off an 84 Mustang. Nice match for a 68 Cast Iron Intake and fits good with the ram air. Getting a matching gasket that fit the coolant ports was a pain in the ass but I think I got it.

Rerouted PCV because the previous owner had it hooked up but it wasnt functional causing the oil to over pressurize causing the valve covers to leak. I missed that issue for about 10 years now and finally caught the issue.

New Tri Y headers hooked up. Still some fitting work to be done but they sealed fine.

Adjusted the Carb because the headers were glowing at idle.

Upgraded the ignition to Pertronix Ignitor 1 replacing the coil and points. Talk about a difference in starting and running.

Cleaned the passenger frame rail of rust, shot it with some chassis black for now and replaced the battery box that had holes in it.

Unfortunately that is the end for now. I had Carpal Tunnel Release surgery yesterday adn the doc said he found significant nerve damage. Should gone to see doc alot sooner. Always love the I told you so from the wife over stuff like that. Hand was going numb often doing normal stuff. Plan is this winter to strip alot off it and send it in for powder coating since the place is local to me. On to the pics.

If anybody has the missing DS Molding thats missing right behind the door seen in the pics I am looking for one. Not in the mood to spend $350 on the kit for one piece.

Picture 001.jpgPicture 002.jpgPicture 003.jpgPicture 004.jpgPicture 005.jpgPicture 006.jpgPicture 007.jpgPicture 008.jpgPicture 009.jpgPicture 010.jpg

Nice ride! Like the color combo. Someday mine will be done. But for now, I'll admire the ones posted. Like yours.

Is the front tire bigger then the rear tire , or is that just me......

Awesome car b.t.w.

JB

very nice !Did that ram air come stock?I guess I"ve never seen one on a 302 car before.

No the ram air and a trove of other parts were acquired off a crashed boss 351 years ago. Found this earlier today. Forgot I had it. I am the third owner and this is the sales bill for the second owner. The tires are the same size just the picture.

img003-2.jpg

No the ram air and a trove of other parts were acquired off a crashed boss 351 years ago. Found this earlier today. Forgot I had it. I am the third owner and this is the sales bill for the second owner. The tires are the same size just the picture.
That's cool to have

Back