• 1971 Mustang A.C. Vacuum.pdf
    98.6 KB · Views: 26
Last edited by a moderator:

naa10104

Reaction score
My Car
1973 Convertible, matching #'s H Code, Auto
Thank you, good collection ::thumb::
Hi ... these diagrams are great except they don't show my car ... 73 351 C 2v they show a 4V ...any suggestions ... thanks

4mm

Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mustang 351C 4V Fastback
I was looking at my parts bin wondering where all the vacuum hoses attach, this is just what I needed and at the proper time. Thanks

Mesozoic

Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mustang fastback restomod. Caged, stiffened, lowered, on 17" wheels with 4 wheel disc brakes and Bilstein dampers. PST polygraphite suspension kit w/Mustangs Plus springs. Custom SEFI-EDIS8 EEC-V injection based on '96 Crown Vic harness (CDAN4 strategy). 90mm induction, LMAF, 80mm Accufab TB, Edelbrock Victor intake, 42# injectors, fully ported RHS Pro Action 215 heads, long tube headers. '69 351W stroked to 408 using Scat 4340 crank, H-beam rods, SRP pistons. Comp Cams 284 Magnum hydraulic roller cam, Canton windage tray and main girdle w/blueprinted standard pressure oil pump. Serpentine conversion using late model 5.0 parts. Backed by a built 4R70W, FB Performance 3000 RPM triple-disc converter, custom alum driveshaft, stock Ford 9" w/3.50:1 billet LS.
What about vacuum hose schematics? I have Pro Products, Inc. '71 Mustang wiring diagram booklet that includes the vacuum diagram for the entire vehicle, but my car seems to have an additional vacuum line passing through the firewall. There's 2 vacuum lines that are routed through the firewall near the centerline of the car via the same sealing grommet. Then there's the single vacuum line that I found towards the passenger side, about 6" from the aforementioned grommet. No idea what this is for, but I've got it plugged for the moment.

c9zx

VIP Members
Reaction score
My Car
1972 Mach 1 Q code
2007 GT
1969 Cougar Eliminator B302
CSX 7000 Shelby Cobra FIA
2020 Edge ST
2002 F250 V10
What about vacuum hose schematics? I have Pro Products, Inc. '71 Mustang wiring diagram booklet that includes the vacuum diagram for the entire vehicle, but my car seems to have an additional vacuum line passing through the firewall. There's 2 vacuum lines that are routed through the firewall near the centerline of the car via the same sealing grommet. Then there's the single vacuum line that I found towards the passenger side, about 6" from the aforementioned grommet. No idea what this is for, but I've got it plugged for the moment.
What you described (two hoses in a single grommet) is connected to the heater/AC controls to operate the various vacuum motors. Chuck

Don C

Fords Forever
Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mustang Sportroof M code
I can't find a single vacuum hose entering the passenger side of the firewall in any reference I have. I suspect that a previous owner had added some aftermarket device, like a water injection system.

Mesozoic

Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mustang fastback restomod. Caged, stiffened, lowered, on 17" wheels with 4 wheel disc brakes and Bilstein dampers. PST polygraphite suspension kit w/Mustangs Plus springs. Custom SEFI-EDIS8 EEC-V injection based on '96 Crown Vic harness (CDAN4 strategy). 90mm induction, LMAF, 80mm Accufab TB, Edelbrock Victor intake, 42# injectors, fully ported RHS Pro Action 215 heads, long tube headers. '69 351W stroked to 408 using Scat 4340 crank, H-beam rods, SRP pistons. Comp Cams 284 Magnum hydraulic roller cam, Canton windage tray and main girdle w/blueprinted standard pressure oil pump. Serpentine conversion using late model 5.0 parts. Backed by a built 4R70W, FB Performance 3000 RPM triple-disc converter, custom alum driveshaft, stock Ford 9" w/3.50:1 billet LS.
I can't find a single vacuum hose entering the passenger side of the firewall in any reference I have. I suspect that a previous owner had added some aftermarket device, like a water injection system.
I'd like to think that, but it appears to be factory to me. I'll post some pics of this thing in a day or so.

scottyrocks

Reaction score
My Car
1973 Mustang Mach 1
Attached are vacuum hose diagrams for our cars. Hopefully all of the configurations are here.
Thanks for those links, Don.

Now I have to find all those various valves in my engine bay, buy some appropriate ID rubber hose, and connect everything properly where it's not

I will report back..

ZIPNZ

Reaction score
My Car
In the market
Many thanks to everyone for your replies and links!