Vacuum Hose Diagrams

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mustang Sportroof M code

Attachments

• 1971 Mustang Vacuum Hose Diagrams.pdf
    2.2 MB · Views: 313
  • 1973 Mustang Vacuum Hose Diagrams V2.pdf
    2.2 MB · Views: 444
  • 1971 Mustang A.C. Vacuum.pdf
    98.6 KB · Views: 59
Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you, good collection ::thumb::
Hi ... these diagrams are great except they don't show my car ... 73 351 C 2v they show a 4V ...any suggestions ... thanks

I was looking at my parts bin wondering where all the vacuum hoses attach, this is just what I needed and at the proper time. Thanks

What about vacuum hose schematics? I have Pro Products, Inc. '71 Mustang wiring diagram booklet that includes the vacuum diagram for the entire vehicle, but my car seems to have an additional vacuum line passing through the firewall. There's 2 vacuum lines that are routed through the firewall near the centerline of the car via the same sealing grommet. Then there's the single vacuum line that I found towards the passenger side, about 6" from the aforementioned grommet. No idea what this is for, but I've got it plugged for the moment.

What about vacuum hose schematics? I have Pro Products, Inc. '71 Mustang wiring diagram booklet that includes the vacuum diagram for the entire vehicle, but my car seems to have an additional vacuum line passing through the firewall. There's 2 vacuum lines that are routed through the firewall near the centerline of the car via the same sealing grommet. Then there's the single vacuum line that I found towards the passenger side, about 6" from the aforementioned grommet. No idea what this is for, but I've got it plugged for the moment.
What you described (two hoses in a single grommet) is connected to the heater/AC controls to operate the various vacuum motors. Chuck

I can't find a single vacuum hose entering the passenger side of the firewall in any reference I have. I suspect that a previous owner had added some aftermarket device, like a water injection system.

I can't find a single vacuum hose entering the passenger side of the firewall in any reference I have. I suspect that a previous owner had added some aftermarket device, like a water injection system.
I'd like to think that, but it appears to be factory to me. I'll post some pics of this thing in a day or so.

Attached are vacuum hose diagrams for our cars. Hopefully all of the configurations are here.
Thanks for those links, Don.

Now I have to find all those various valves in my engine bay, buy some appropriate ID rubber hose, and connect everything properly where it's not

I will report back..

Many thanks to everyone for your replies and links!

Hi ... these diagrams are great except they don't show my car ... 73 351 C 2v they show a 4V ...any suggestions ... thanks
Take a look at these filea I have attached to see if either includes schematics useful for your engine. The primary source for the 67-72 calibrations is from The Mustang Barn(no fee basis), where with their approval I consolidated all of their calibrations into a single file, grouped by year for 1967-1972 and sorted by engine.

The second file is a snippet from Volume 6 of the Shop Manual. It includes a lot of different calibrations, as seen on pages 21 and 22. I also added a few pages for some 351C calibrations not in the shop manual, which may (or may not be useful to you.

I hope this helps, which it may as there were only a few changes in 1973 - the largest of which is the EGR system.

Attachments

• _1967-1972_Mustang_EmissionControlVacuumSchematics_ConsolidatedGroupedAndSortedByYear__20211003.pdf
    15.2 MB · Views: 2
  • 1973Mustang_VolumeVI_EmissionControlSystems_Chapter6_20210210.pdf
    5.1 MB · Views: 16
Back