Vapor lock, I think

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mustang Sportroof M code
If you do a side-by-side comparison of the one from WCCC and the one for the 4350 you will see that are the same. I measured the stud spacing and the throttle bore openings on my CJ Intake manifold and they are the same as the measurements given for the 4350 flange gasket. I'll send a picture of the CJ intake in a few minutes.

Reaction score
My Car
1973 Convertible, 351 4v CJ, C6, Mach 1 Decor options, power: steering, brakes and windows, a/c, Rally Pac gauges, Deluxe interior.
[url=https://ibb.co/ZVjjKXW][img]https://i.ibb.co/zrMMbxG/s-l1600-2.jpg[/img][/url]
If you do a side-by-side comparison of the one from WCCC and the one for the 4350 you will see that are the same. I measured the stud spacing and the throttle bore openings on my CJ Intake manifold and they are the same as the measurements given for the 4350 flange gasket. I'll send a picture of the CJ intake in a few minutes.
Ordered the 4350 gasket. For $7, it won't be a terrible mistake if it doesn't work out..

Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mustang Mach 1, M code, 4 speed.
I'm just throwing this little extra thing that I did on my 71 intake before I removed the manifold and blocked the exhaust cross-over passages, This might help a bit as it stops the hot gasses getting under the carb base ( that weird looking channel you see in the pic) The holes do not show in Don's photo, but they ought to be there. You can tap those hole for (if I remember) a 5/16" set screw with some exhaust cement. Check!. You NEED to put some grease on the tap so the bits don't get into the motor.
I still use the base gasket with the metal insert, then the fiber spacer and another thin gasket. Of course mine is a square bore, which makes life easier.

Attachments

• IMG_2851_LI.jpg
    IMG_2851_LI.jpg
    323.6 KB · Views: 4