vendor choices

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
amazing i have not been around in quite some time. i happened to be cleaning out my old emails and there was a coupon from mustangsunlimited

so i went to the website and saw they went out of buisness.

honestly i was shocked.

Before i found DON at OMS i was using MU. i guess all those MU gift coupons i have are worthless now AHAHAHAHAH

I have been burned and given the run around by CJ pony parts in the past. Would not do business with them again.  I would say 99% of the stuff i buy  anymore comes from Don at OMS.  Cant say enough good things about him and he is a site supporter. Even helped me out with parts bought from CJPP when they wouldn't help.
Just bought a decal at CJPP.....Price for decal was $7.99.....cheapest shipping was $6....wrote to them to say they could have sent it for the price of a postage stamp in an envelope......was told to basically pound sand.

Hello jscott,

First, if looking for "gently used previously owned" parts I always suggest Don @ Ohio Mustang Supply or Mike @ Motor City Mustang. They both are forum members here and 71-73 enthusiasts who understand how these Clydesdales are screwed together.

When suggesting new parts my first response is always Don @ OMS. He understands what we go through trying to find parts that actually function and fit the 71-3's. He does a lot of behind the scenes work with vendors that many are not aware of. It's an uphill battle when trying to get parts made that are not for the 65-70 club.

The second choice would be NPD. They offer parts for a good cross-section from the Big Three and have coverage for Mustang, Cougar, F series trucks and 66-96 Bronco on the Ford side. And as Hemikiller stated they also have paper catalogs. I'm old school enough to still enjoy leafing through a catalog. Only us older folks will remember the Sears Wishbook Christmas Catalog. I still remember fighting my brothers and sisters over it so I could circle the Lionel trains and Aurora race car set with the  Mustangs I wanted.

If you do have trouble locating a part and need a basic number to aid in a search, just give a shout out as there are several of us that know the Ford basic number system!   :)

amazing i have not been around in quite some time. i happened to be cleaning out my old emails and there was a coupon from mustangsunlimited

so i went to the website and saw they went out of buisness.

honestly i was shocked.

Before i found DON at OMS i was using MU. i guess all those MU gift coupons i have are worthless now AHAHAHAHAH
I used to use MustangsUnlimited when they had the Atlanta location, I could just drive there in a couple hours, when that location closed, I could see the writing on the wall that they were having a hard time with business. Ordered from their other location, I think in Connecticut and sheet metal was always damaged when it arrived. Their parts available for our years really dwindled down quick. I normally use Ohio Mustangs and NPD now though, great prices and service.  Can't stand CJpony, they are over priced and everything you order turns out to be on back-order but listed in stock until you order and pay for it.  I did get a one-piece headliner from CJ as a gift and even though it was a slight pain to put in by myself, the quality was good.

Tom

Hello......I'm going to jump in here and give NPD a (2 thumbs down) from my last experience with my steering gear box situation.

I have another post on this and will wrap it up shortly, once I install my new steering box from Rock Auto.

I will now give Don at OMS first crack at all my parts purchases.

HVY MTL

As yet I have not used Don, but i'm sure it won't be too long before i do  :)

I have had good experiences with NPD, Mac's and Summit Racing.  (Some parts from Summit come directly from the manufacture rather than their warehouse).

Once they get your email address you get bombarded with discount offers and shipping deals   lollerz

Note: I get all parts sent to a USA address. Shipping and Duty to the UK would take on a whole different story.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back