Very deep pockets

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dusty1

Reaction score
My Car
1#-73 Grande Coupe 351 2V, FMX, 3:25, A/C, Needs some TLC to get it back on the road or make it go away.
2#- 73 Grande Coup, same drivetrain, but is a resto mod with 16" tires and wheels, is a daily driver and mama's birthday present
post id: 4911232689

I found this on the Portland Craigs list: a 70 boss 302 for $ 84,950.

it would take a life time of S&H green stamps and then some to buy something like this. Would they let it park inside Fort Knox? LOL:run_horse:

Boss Mustangs are very desirable. I don't know the particulars about the one you mentioned but have you seen the prices of Shelby Mustangs?

Coveted cars will always bring more money. The Boss owner you mentioned is probably fishing and I'm sure is negotiable.

Almost all 71-3 cars with a C, J, R or Q 5th digit VIN code will bring more money than others in similar condition.

I remember passing up on a one-owner 1970 GT-500 here in OKC. Could have bought it for $12k. All there - just needed paint. Car has now been restored and I'm sure has no problem fetching over $100,000.

Ray

Boss Mustangs are very desirable. I don't know the particulars about the one you mentioned but have you seen the prices of Shelby Mustangs?

Coveted cars will always bring more money. The Boss owner you mentioned is probably fishing and I'm sure is negotiable.

Almost all 71-3 cars with a C, J, R or Q 5th digit VIN code will bring more money than others in similar condition.

I remember passing up on a one-owner 1970 GT-500 here in OKC. Could have bought it for $12k. All there - just needed paint. Car has now been restored and I'm sure has no problem fetching over $100,000.

Ray
It is only since the wealthy have starting trying to impress each other that the prices went up. In 1974 I turned down a Boss 429 with an extra engine for $1,000 because they were dogs. The Boss 351 was a much better car. Not just Fords either. Plymouth had to switch some superbirds back to regular body to even sell them. A bag boy at the local grocery had a superbird and a dodge Daytona that cost him less than $800 each. Our fork truck drive on the loading dock back in the 70's had a hemi superbird and AAR cuda that cost him hundreds. You had to sit in lines to get gas and you had the odd even tag number days. People did not want anything to do with those gas guzzlers in the mid 70's. I bought a motor cycle because you could not get enough gas to drive my 73 Mach 1 to work.

I think as the generation that relates to these cars dies off you will see the prices drop again just like it has with the 1920 - 30 cars.

David

I'm just a poor retired grease monkey that has to spend his SSI on drugs to stay alive. I could never afford ANY car that is or was a dust collector. If? I were lucky enough to win the lottery, I could get some new body parts and then some play toys. This "stang" was on a car lot so you know its going to be price at the upper limit.

Back