Veterans Day Thread ** Honoring, Celebrating, and Thanking ALL Veterans **

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1971 Pewter Convertible 351-4V
https://7173mustangs.com/threads/veterans-day.27324/
Today, we celebrate the men and women in our Armed Services. I am thankful for all the sacrifices made by past, present and future members and their families. We remember and honor those who have served, we recognize and express gratitude to those currently serving and we encourage those future service members just now beginning the process of embracing the commitment to protect this great country.

Today I specifically celebrate my grandfather (WW2-POW) for his service in Germany and to my father who served in the 101st Airborne Division during the Korean War. I also served during peacetime, 1981-1986 (RA) and 1986-1990 (reserves) so I cannot fully understand the level of courage and mental toughness to serve at this highest level but I can express my pride and love for these men and the men and women who have.

Ladies and Gentlemen, Thank You for you service.

Happy-Veterans-Day.jpeg

https://7173mustangs.com/threads/veterans-day.27324/
Today, we celebrate the men and women in our Armed Services. I am thankful for all the sacrifices made by past, present and future members and their families. We remember and honor those who have served, we recognize and express gratitude to those currently serving and we encourage those future service members just now beginning the process of embracing the commitment to protect this great country.

Today I specifically celebrate my grandfather (WW2-POW) for his service in Germany and to my father who served in the 101st Airborne Division during the Korean War. I also served during peacetime, 1981-1986 (RA) and 1986-1990 (reserves) so I cannot fully understand the level of courage and mental toughness to serve at this highest level but I can express my pride and love for these men and the men and women who have.

Ladies and Gentlemen, Thank You for you service.

View attachment 69758
Extremely well said. From one vet to another, "Thank You" for your service and "Thank You" to all the other vets on this site. I know it's hard to explain to some but when I see people disrespect our flag or knee during the anthem it upsets me. If it is a vet doing it, then I say that they have earned that right, but to see others that have never serve and have no idea of the horrors of war and the sacrifices made by those who have just makes my blood boil. I don't care what you are protesting or your so call "cause" is, people have died and been forever maimed to defend this country to give you that right so a little respect for them is not too much to ask.

Yes indeed, well said.
To add to this day of remembrance, Let's not forget ALL the allied veterans from all countries who served and paid the ultimate sacrifice for OUR freedom. A freedom taken for granted by far too many I might add.
In Canada and other British commonwealth countries, we honor our veterans from the first world war, through to the present day, by wearing a red Poppy on our left breast.
Lest we forget.

Yes indeed, well said.
To add to this day of remembrance, Let's not forget ALL the allied veterans from all countries who served and paid the ultimate sacrifice for OUR freedom. A freedom taken for granted by far too many I might add.
In Canada and other British commonwealth countries, we honor our veterans from the first world war, through to the present day, by wearing a red Poppy on our left breast.
Lest we forget.
Yes indeed, well said.
Lest we forget.

Attachments

• 16682219387527153577204743885681.jpg
    16682219387527153577204743885681.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 1
One of my earliest great decisions as an adult (technically, as I was over 18) was to join the Army. It was a really good investment of my time and effort. Although I enjoyed bing in the Army, I enjoyed my personal freedoms more. I left after my 3 years enlistment expired. No regrets, not a single one.

Back