VIN 3F05Q218623 I'm looking for a green 73 Mach 1 Mustang

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Allison

Reaction score
Hello!

A kind member of this forum sent me a link to join and here I am!

My name is Allison and I'm quite desperately trying to locate a particular 1973 Mach 1 Mustang. I hope someone here can assist me.

I'm trying to locate my big brother's very first car. He's 9 years older then me and I was about 7 in 1977 when he purchased the car, used, in Mt. Airy, NC. I may be a little bit off on the timing. Mt. Airy is the real life Mayberry. It's Andy Griffith's hometown and this is the place "Mayberry" was based on.

He eventually sold the car around 1986 or 1987 - again, I'm not certain about the exact date. He sold it in Virginia Beach, VA.

He's been looking for the car for years, wanting to buy it, if possible, or at the very least, see it one more time. He's always said he would take me for one more ride in that big green car. I was very small, so to me, it was a huge car. So, he has been somewhat casually looking for the car for a good number of years.

I have the VIN number: 3F05Q218623 but that's all. I do not know any other specifics, like the type of engine or anything like that. I remember that the interior was a tan color, and I think the carpeting was, too.

At one time he thought the car might still be in the Virginia Beach area (I think that's where he sold it) but he doesn't recall the buyer's name.

I thank you so much for taking the time to read this and feel FREE to contact me if you have any information at all that could help us locate this very special car.

The forum member who suggested this site told me he thinks the color of the car I'm looking for is called "Ivy Glow." It is the darkest color green of the 3 that were made.

Allison

Last edited:
Please do post the vin, there is no issue with posting the vin number, and hopefully someone will know where the car is at. A ton of members, me included, have their Marti reports on this site, and the Marti Report lists the vin number. I will have you in my prayers, stay strong and keep a positive attitude and you will get better.

First thing I would do is go to Marti auto and buy a deluxe Marti report. That would at least tell you the details of the car your looking for. Go to the general section on the forum and go to the Marti report section to see examples of them. Good luck on your search.

Please post the VIN here, there may be someone here that knows of the car but would need the VIN to make sure it is the right car. I wish you the best in your search for the car and your battle, I will keep you in my prayers, God bless.

Please do post the vin, there is no issue with posting the vin number, and hopefully someone will know where the car is at. A ton of members, me included, have their Marti reports on this site, and the Marti Report lists the vin number. I will have you in my prayers, stay strong and keep a positive attitude and you will get better.
Thank you so much. I will update my post with the VIN. As of right now I am in remission. The Lord continues to bless me. Your prayers are greatly appreciated - above all else I believe that prayer and faith are the most important factors. God is good all the time. 🙏🏻💕✝️

Please post the VIN here, there may be someone here that knows of the car but would need the VIN to make sure it is the right car. I wish you the best in your search for the car and your battle, I will keep you in my prayers, God bless.
Thank you so much. I will update my post with the VIN. I didn’t know if that would be like posting a SSN or something lol so I wasn’t sure. Thank you so much for your prayers. I love the Lord with all my heart and I know that no matter what He is in control. 🙏🏻💕✝️

First thing I would do is go to Marti auto and buy a deluxe Marti report. That would at least tell you the details of the car your looking for. Go to the general section on the forum and go to the Marti report section to see examples of them. Good luck on your search.
Thank you so much for your reply. I will look into a Marti Report.

Hello!

My name is Allison and I'm quite desperately trying to locate a particular 1973 Mach 1 Mustang. I hope someone here can assist me.

I'm trying to locate my big brother's very first car. He's 9 years older then me and I was about 6 in 1975/76 when he purchased the car used. I may be a little bit off on the timing, but I do remember that he had it during the Bicentennial, when everything that could be painted red, white and blue was painted red, white and blue. What a great time to have been alive that was.

He eventually sold the car around 1984 - again, I'm not certain about the exact date.

He's been looking for the car for years, wanting to buy it, if possible, or at the very least, see it one more time. He's always said he would take me for one more ride in that big green car. I was very small, so to me, it was a huge car. So, he has been somewhat casually looking for the car for a good number of years.

Anyway, I was diagnosed with stage 4 NSCLC some time ago and the focus on finding this car has become somewhat more important to me. It's a chance for me to do something meaningful for my brother, the man who always made sure I had shoes and a winter coat when I was a child. He is still the kindest man I know and he would still love to take me for one more ride in that big green car.

I have the VIN number but that's all. I'm not sure if I can post the VIN here, or even if I can, if I should post it. I'm not sure how that works, exactly. I do not know any other specifics, like the type of engine or anything like that. I remember that the interior was a tan color, and I think the carpeting was, too.

At one time he thought the car might still be in the Virginia Beach area (I think that's where he sold it) but he doesn't recall the buyer's name.

We are not looking for sympathy or a "free car" or anything like that. We would simply like to see the car, if nothing else. We have the money to purchase the car if it is for sale. The condition of the car isn't important, either. I mean, yes, we hope it's in great shape but even if it's in scrapyard condition, that's okay, too.

I thank you so much for taking the time to read this and feel FREE to contact me if you have any information at all that could help us locate this very special car.

The forum member who suggested this site told me he thinks the color of the car I'm looking for is called "Ivy Glow." It is the darkest color green of the 3 that were made.
Hello!

I'm trying to locate my big brother's very first car. He's 9 years older then me and I was about 6 in 1975/76 when he purchased the car used. I may be a little bit off on the timing, but I do remember that he had it during the Bicentennial, when everything that could be painted red, white and blue was painted red, white and blue. What a great time to have been alive that was.

He eventually sold the car around 1984 - again, I'm not certain about the exact date.

Anyway, I was diagnosed with stage 4 NSCLC some time ago and the focus on finding this car has become somewhat more important to me. It's a chance for me to do something meaningful for my brother, the man who always made sure I had shoes and a winter coat when I was a child. He is still the kindest man I know and he would still love to take me for one more ride in that big green car.

I have the VIN number but that's all. I'm not sure if I can post the VIN here, or even if I can, if I should post it. I'm not sure how that works, exactly. I do not know any other specifics, like the type of engine or anything like that. I remember that the interior was a tan color, and I think the carpeting was, too.

We are not looking for sympathy or a "free car" or anything like that. We would simply like to see the car, if nothing else. We have the money to purchase the car if it is for sale. The condition of the car isn't important, either. I mean, yes, we hope it's in great shape but even if it's in scrapyard condition, that's okay, too.

Allison
Good luck in your search, and prayers for you 🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏. I have a 1973 Ivy glow Mach 1 but I see your in North Carolina. My car was originally sold in Arkansas and that’s the state I bought it from in 2019. I have paperwork showing who owned the car for 15 years before me. That’s as far back as I can trace it, who knows what the history is before 2004. Posting a vin number would help Not only you but it may also help the present owner add to their history search.

Good luck in your search, and prayers for you 🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏. I have a 1973 Ivy glow Mach 1 but I see your in North Carolina. My car was originally sold in Arkansas and that’s the state I bought it from in 2019. I have paperwork showing who owned the car for 15 years before me. That’s as far back as I can trace it, who knows what the history is before 2004. Posting a vin number would help Not only you but it may also help the present owner add to their history search.
Oh that's wonderful that you have a car like this! Congratulations! Thank you for your prayers! I don't know where the car originally came from. My brother bought it as a used car. He was living in Vriginia Beach, VA at the time he sold it, but he originally bought it in NC.

Welcome.
I wish you good luck in your search.
I'll bet if the current owner is a member here they will reach out to you. I like to believe that's the type of community we have here.
My family's prayers are with you.
Thank you so much. I'm already quite surprised by the number of replies I've received. What a fantastic group of people! This does give me hope.

Wish you all the best in finding your car. That would be awesome if you do. Always wondered what happened to the Mustangs I had as a teenager in the 70s. I look forward to reading updates on your quest. Prayers for you! So glad to hear you have a strong faith.
Thank you! I'll definitely post what I can find out.

Hello!

I'm trying to locate my big brother's very first car. He's 9 years older then me and I was about 6 in 1975/76 when he purchased the car used. I may be a little bit off on the timing, but I do remember that he had it during the Bicentennial, when everything that could be painted red, white and blue was painted red, white and blue. What a great time to have been alive that was. (At least I think he had the car during this time, as memory serves.)

I have the VIN number: 3F05Q218623 but that's all. I do not know any other specifics, like the type of engine or anything like that. I remember that the interior was a tan color, and I think the carpeting was, too.

Allison
We know two things from the VIN, it’s a true Mach 1 and motor is 351 Cleveland 4V (4 barrel)👍

Back