Virtual Car Show online

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mustang Mach 1, M code, 4 speed.
I got this idea from a buddy of mine who is a Corvette nut, he owns two for them. He is a member of a couple of Corvette Forums similar to this one. One of them had the great idea of hosting a Virtual Car Show online. I can get more details on how it was organized, but in the mean time, I thought I'd throw it out there to our membership to see if there would be any interest in doing something similar. After all, many of us are retired or just out of work due to the situation, so setting something up might be doable.

I think in essence we would post pictures of our cars, the best we have of course, to be judged by the members. the one getting the most votes win some sort of prize, small trophy, a model Mustang, picture or something similar. My friend entered his 1975 Corvette stingray convertible and won a model of his car.

What do you think of the idea being as we probably won't be going to too many car shows this year. We have many members with incredible Mustangs to show off.

Please chime in for or against. I don't think there could be any sort of copyright on this.

Geoff.

Sounds like cool idea. Some guys in my local club and I organized a social distance cruise yesterday as we do not have a shelter in place order we could do this. There was about 20 of us. We made a loop around town here then went to a couple neighboring small towns and made loops through those. It was a perfect day for a drive, 60’s and sunny, and was great to put smiles on people’s faces. Mostly Mustangs since it is a mustang club but some others heard about it and showed up to join in, had a nice 69 Chevelle and a 1970 Camaro.

@rocketfoot, Did you happen to see this and what do you think of the idea? Is it doable? I don't have the computer skills to pull this off myself, so hoping someone else might.

@rocketfoot, Did you happen to see this and what do you think of the idea? Is it doable? I don't have the computer skills to pull this off myself, so hoping someone else might.
Following. 

We could probably do something but I'll need to see some samples to see if we can whip something up.  It might be as easy as a new sub forum and voting done with the LIKE buttons or maybe a whole new application linked to the forum.

Following. 

We could probably do something but I'll need to see some samples to see if we can whip something up.  It might be as easy as a new sub forum and voting done with the LIKE buttons or maybe a whole new application linked to the forum.
 Similar to the Calendar pictures many send in. 

There has not been too much interest just yet, which I thought surprising. With probably no actual car shows to go to this year under the circumstances, this might be the "next best thing"

Last edited by a moderator:
I just whipped this up!  Seems like it might work...play around with it and see if you like it!  Feel free to register and upload some pics of your cars...look for the category selection when you upload.

https://7173mustangs.com/vcs/

Looks like a good idea, but I had trouble when it asked to 'login' I entered stanglover and my password, but it did not work. Did I do it wrong?

Otherwise I think you hit the nail on the head. I think you're on to something.

Looks like a good idea, but I had trouble when it asked to 'login' I entered stanglover and my password, but it did not work. Did I do it wrong?

Otherwise I think you hit the nail on the head. I think you're on to something.
Try again...I was upgrading the application, but it should be ready to go now!

@Rocketfoot, good job!

I found I needed to create a new account as it did not recognize my email, user or password. However, once i did it seemed to work fine. It works similar to the Ad Image to Post button. I uploaded a couple of pictures just to try it out. However the second seemed to delete the first, unless I miss something.

As these pictures could go public, I strongly suggest inking out any license plates or other identifiers prior to uploading.

Also I suggest sending in picture(s) we have NOT seen before, just to add some variety. (not the case with the one I uploaded!!)

So I suppose all that is needed is to set it up so the Virtual Car Show can easily be found. The like button would be fine. Then all we need is some sort of "Trophy" for the winners, 1st, 2nd. 3rd. 

Thanks for your expert help on this idea.

Geoff.

@Rocketfoot, good job!

I found I needed to create a new account as it did not recognize my email, user or password. However, once i did it seemed to work fine. It works similar to the Ad Image to Post button. I uploaded a couple of pictures just to try it out. However the second seemed to delete the first, unless I miss something.

As these pictures could go public, I strongly suggest inking out any license plates or other identifiers prior to uploading.

Also I suggest sending in picture(s) we have NOT seen before, just to add some variety. (not the case with the one I uploaded!!)

So I suppose all that is needed is to set it up so the Virtual Car Show can easily be found. The like button would be fine. Then all we need is some sort of "Trophy" for the winners, 1st, 2nd. 3rd. 

Thanks for your expert help on this idea. :thankyouyellow:

Geoff.

This idea is getting some traction. Rocketfoot has done a great job so far on the picture upload link, but as he still has to work, there is a need for a couple of guys to help out in different areas and arranging for some sort of trophy's or prizes for winners of each class. I have said I'd do what I can. 

If any of you want to help out please PM me and we'll go from there. 

Geoff.

Didn't know he goes by Rockfoot now... :whistling:
Hmm, how did I miss that typo!! 

I'm having all sorts of problems with my computer (and keyboard it seems) For some reason I can't yet totally get to grips with, the computer with Windows 10 keeps crashing or not doing what I intend. It posted that twice, maybe because it crashed right in the middle of trying to post it, then when I rebooted it, it posted a second time. I'm having nothing but problems lately. 1 computer blew it's motherboard and my back-up seems to be loosing the hard drive or Windows 10 with bad updates is causing the blue screen crashes. I'm NOT a computer geek, so have no idea what to do.

Keep Calm and Carry On!!

Edit: I corrected the TYPO!!

Didn't know he goes by Rockfoot now... :whistling:
Hmm, how did I miss that typo!! 

I'm having all sorts of problems with my computer (and keyboard it seems) For some reason I can't yet totally get to grips with, the computer with Windows 10 keeps crashing or not doing what I intend. It posted that twice, maybe because it crashed right in the middle of trying to post it, then when I rebooted it, it posted a second time. I'm having nothing but problems lately. 1 computer blew it's motherboard and my back-up seems to be loosing the hard drive or Windows 10 with bad updates is causing the blue screen crashes. I'm NOT a computer geek, so have no idea what to do.

Keep Calm and Carry On!!

Edit: I corrected the TYPO!!
Your computers are infected with a virus, likely Covid-10.

Latest posts

Back