Vscuum hoses

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

phatman1969

Reaction score
My Car
1972 Mustang convertible
I have a 1972 mustang convertible with the 351c 2v motor. Can't figure out 2 of my vacuum hoses that are disconnected. One hose goes from back of intake manifold with 2 other connections down to side of motor and lays on frame rail not hooked to anything. See pic. The other hose comes out of firewall next to a second hose that connects to ac cannister port. The one I can't figure out has a blue stripe. Have included pic. Any help is appreciated.

Attachments

• 20230116_162935.jpg
    20230116_162935.jpg
    1,000.9 KB · Views: 0
  • 20230116_162908.jpg
    20230116_162908.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
Thank you for the info. Found where the purple marked hose goes thanks to you! I appreciate it! The other hose I talked about comes off of a 3 way connection on the back of the intake. It is a 3/8 hose that goes down towards the transmission. The ac canister hose is connected but is a much smaller diameter. What are the 3 hoses coming off that manifold connecter going to? I know one is the brake booster for sure. It is the fat hose you see I'm the picture. Thanks again for the knowledge and advice.

The hose going towards the transmission should be for the vacuum modulator. There is normally a steel tube clipped to the transmission bolts, the manifold vacuum hose will attach to that, and then there will be a short length of hose from the steel tube to the modulator itself.

From your manifold tree pic, I'm assuming the top is the transmission vacuum hose, middle is for the air cleaner, and the bottom is connected to the AC vacuum reservoir.

So the bigger hose was for the ac cannister like was suggested. Thanks for all the advice. Now I just gotta extend the broken hose to the heater valve and should be good to go. Thanks again everybody!

Back