• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to 7173 Mustangs.com and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Parts Wanted Want to buy 73 Rear Bumper bracket to body fastener kit

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
73 Grande will undergo three phase build process. Phase 1 is complete (driver). Phase 2 is interior/exterior restoration. Phase 3 is ++ performance.
Does anyone know who has a kit for the 4 fasteners and clip nuts? Try as I may, I could not locate online. Not the chrome bumper to brackets bolts, the bracket to body fastener set, thank you, Steve.

Hello Steve,
It goes without saying that all the Ford hardware is no longer available. The more robust '74/ Federal crash bumpers with the required isolators (Impact absorbers) made the traditional bumper arms and hardware obsolete.
I would typically suggest Don @ Ohio Mustang Supply (OMS) since he is a site member/supporter/vendor, but it appears he doesn't have them in inventory.
AMK Products has these in a Kit (F-1527) priced @ $21.00 but has a $30.00 minimum order and $10.00 shipping. https://www.amkproducts.com/i-kits/...-kits/?year_=1973&model=Mustang&category=Body
National Parts Depot (NPD) stocks the AMK hardware kit under their part # (17787-4K) for $21.61.
https://www.npdlink.com/product/mou...s=17787&top_parent=200001&year=1973&year=1973

Time to get that card out! :)

Weird, I saw that product on AMK’s website, I just didn’t scroll down enough in the image to see the clip nut things. Thanks for better search results that I was able to do. Steve

As a general comment, AMK is easy to work with as far as locating fasteners that aren't in any of their kits. If you have a part number from the Ford parts manual, they can usually supply what you need. As an example, AMK doesn't have a kit for the pedal support or steering column brackets. First step is to search the AMK site using the Ford part numbers. That gets you most of the fasteners you need out of their stock. For fasteners that weren't found, I supplied the part numbers to their customer support and they were able to source the parts.

Back