• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to 7173 Mustangs.com and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Wanted: Seatbelt Shoulder Harnesses - Black (2)

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

airfido

Reaction score
My Car
1971 Boss 351 Tribute (H-code)
I am in need of 2 black, stock shoulder straps for the 1971 stock seatbelt system. Any ideas?
NOS would be great, but I am not picky. I would even consider a different color and try to dye them black.
Thanks,
JB

I am in need of 2 black, stock shoulder straps for the 1971 stock seatbelt system. Any ideas?
NOS would be great, but I am not picky. I would even consider a different color and try to dye them black.
Thanks,
JB
Do you have the buckles and metal parts? If so I'm pretty sure you can get them re-webbed. at one of the custom seat belt companies. Just a thought.

Do you have the buckles and metal parts? If so I'm pretty sure you can get them re-webbed. at one of the custom seat belt companies. Just a thought.
Unfortunately, I have no parts associated with the shoulder harness. Not even the attachment hardware.

Unfortunately, I have no parts associated with the shoulder harness. Not even the attachment hardware.
Ah, that's unfortunate. I'm sure someone will have belts you can buy. Heck, I might even sell you my old set, but I was thinking of keeping them just in case.
Is there a reason you want to stay with original style crappy belts? If not, then I would definitely go to a good 3 point system. There is a thread on this, (if I can find it!) that describes in detail what I did for my car. However, in hind sight, I would have gone to a different supplier. Let me know on that option and I'll get the details for you.
Oh wait! I see you are doing a B351 tribute car, so I guess that's why you want original style.

Ah, that's unfortunate. I'm sure someone will have belts you can buy. Heck, I might even sell you my old set, but I was thinking of keeping them just in case.
Is there a reason you want to stay with original style crappy belts? If not, then I would definitely go to a good 3 point system. There is a thread on this, (if I can find it!) that describes in detail what I did for my car. However, in hind sight, I would have gone to a different supplier. Let me know on that option and I'll get the details for you.
Oh wait! I see you are doing a B351 tribute car, so I guess that's why you want original style.
I tried a 3-point, but not thrilled with the look and function. I’m curious though, where did you mount the loose end of the retractable portion of the harness? I used the outside rear seat bolt as an attach point. Not ideal.

I tried a 3-point, but not thrilled with the look and function. I’m curious though, where did you mount the loose end of the retractable portion of the harness? I used the outside rear seat bolt as an attach point. Not ideal.
I bought my belts indirectly from Seat belt Solutions. What I found out is there is a version that is NOT easily found, which has a long "C" bar. This bolts behind the retractor using the same bolt. In my case I literally had to ask them as it is not shown. The "C" bar is the piece sewn to the lap portion. Below is the thread on this. I also ordered with an 8" drop sash attachment. The other issue I found on this set, was the center (tunnel) belt does not fit if you order the sleeve type. I then bought 6" sleeves from Seatbelt Planet which solved the problem. Take a look at my pics if the are there. If not, I can repost them.
https://7173mustangs.com/threads/re-visiting-3-point-seat-belt-conversions.36970/EDIT: Start at post #19

Thanks,
JB
Is this what your looking for? I only have 1 shoulder belt.

Attachments

• 20220103_090021.jpg
    20220103_090021.jpg
    310.8 KB · Views: 4
  • 20220103_090029.jpg
    20220103_090029.jpg
    252.8 KB · Views: 3
  • 20220103_090034.jpg
    20220103_090034.jpg
    169.8 KB · Views: 4
  • 20220103_090041.jpg
    20220103_090041.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 4
Got the belts. Thanks for the input everyone.
JB

Back