Washer Hose Routing

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1971 BOSS 351
1969 BOSS 302
2007 Shelby GT/SC
I am replacing the washer hose on my 1971 BOSS 351 and need some help with the routing. When exiting the washer fluid reservoir, and following the wiring harness toward the back of the hood, is the washer hose wrapped within the wiring harness, or does it run along the harness outside of the wiring tape? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Last edited:
Why do you want to replace it? Is it leaking somewhere inside the harness? If one of the ends has sprung a leak, you can splice in some hose using plastic connectors. Otherwise, the hose is wrapped within the harness. A bit of a pain to replace it and keep an original look, but not impossible. The tape used is basically vinyl electrical tape without the adhesive, so it can be removed and replaced with some patience. Don't try to cut the tape off, unwind it, as that will tell you how to wind new tape on and you won't accidently cut any insulation off of the wires in the harness. Pay attention wherever wires split off the main harness as you will want to replicate how the separation was made.

Mine was not taped with wires, but inside loose clips following wire bundle to firewall.

Why do you want to replace it? Is it leaking somewhere inside the harness? If one of the ends has sprung a leak, you can splice in some hose using plastic connectors. Otherwise, the hose is wrapped within the harness. A bit of a pain to replace it and keep an original look, but not impossible. The tape used is basically vinyl electrical tape without the adhesive, so it can be removed and replaced with some patience. Don't try to cut the tape off, unwind it, as that will tell you how to wind new tape on and you won't accidently cut any insulation off of the wires in the harness. Pay attention wherever wires split off the main harness as you will want to replicate how the separation was made.
Thanks for the info, I will do just that!

I am replacing the washer hose on my 1971 BOSS 351 and need some help with the routing. When exiting the washer fluid reservoir, and following the wiring harness toward the back of the hood, is the washer hose wrapped within the wiring harness, or does it run along the harness outside of the wiring tape? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
Hey there, it is clipped into the two holes (front side of wheel well and the hole adjacent to the shock mount) and then up to the hood.

DA

Like this

Attachments

• 74978112-6A55-49DE-B331-E8ED47C23959.jpeg
    74978112-6A55-49DE-B331-E8ED47C23959.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 29
I agree with Midlife’s comments. I recently went through my engine for the first time and during the process I replaced my washer hose. It was original and followed the wiring harness and was secured by black tape. Hope this helps.

Back