Wedges on UK ebay

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

UKsilverMach1

Reaction score
My Car
1972 Mach1 302ci with 3 speed manual. Light pewter metalic with a red and black interior.
First one looks a tidy car.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1973-MUSTANG-351-COBRAJET-Q-CODE-CONVERTIBLE-RARE-/330730675028?pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item4d01159b54

Another convertible. A small story attached to this car - note the unusual hood. I had this hood made up when I restored my first fast back, back in 1982. I later went with the Mach1 NASA hood and sold this at a MEET. Strange to see it turn up all these years later.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FORD-MUSTANG-CONVERTIBLE-1972-MODEL-SLEEK-BLACK-CLASSIC-AMERICAN-CAR-/250992247526?pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item3a704dc2e6

[align=left]

That is an interesting story on the hood - umh bonnet.
:D After all these years I've got used to the different names.

Yes it's good to see the hood has lasted this long, I got the idea from a 68 GT500 Shelby and grew out of the idea after it was made.[/align]

That is neat your old hood would show up. Any regrets selling it?
Only from a nostalgic point of view. This was part of my first project on my first Mustang/American car I owned, 30 years ago. It takes me back and reminds me of my intial enthusiasm and all the mistakes I made. Pre internet, with no help or guidance, other than seeing other cars at the odd show. Plus a very good friend who was as just as mad about Mustangs as me, who is no longer with us. Yes, it was a long time ago in a lot of ways.

[align=left]

Yes it's good to see the hood has lasted this long, I got the idea from a 68 GT500 Shelby and grew out of the idea after it was made.[/align]
I like the style and not "over done" slight rise tastefully done.

He REALLY wanted to promote that hood.... a bucha shots huh!!

I have seen quite a few attempts to modify the hood on 71-73's and have NEVER liked one until I saw yours. Very tasteful, could have been done by Ford and I think I would have a appreciated it as much. Well done!

[align=left]

I like the style and not "over done" slight rise tastefully done.

He REALLY wanted to promote that hood.... a bucha shots huh!!
Thanks, yes I didn't want to spoil the overall shape of the car, to me the shape with its concealed wipers and flush door handle was ahead of its time.

Thinking back, I was also influenced from seeing a late 70's Aston Martin. However the Ram Air hood is unique to a 71 - 73 mustang with a variation of it on an Australian Ford.

78-Aston_Martin_V8-DV-08-PVGP-01.jpg

I have seen quite a few attempts to modify the hood on 71-73's and have NEVER liked one until I saw yours. Very tasteful, could have been done by Ford and I think I would have a appreciated it as much. Well done!
Thankyou. I remember once I had bought a ram air bonnet and decided to sell this one, my late freind and I strapping this modified hood to the roof of his old runaround and making our way across London in the traffic to a 'Mustang owners club of Great Britian' meet, where the new buyer was found. Must have looked a sight :D

That was the last I saw of it till this recent advert.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back