Well I finally picked up a new toy today

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
Stock 1973 Mustang Convertible with a 351C 2v and C6
Modified 1970 Mach 1 M-Code with a 351C 4v Manual
1970 Calypso Coral 351C M code 3 Spd 3.25 9 inch with Vermillion (red) Deluxe Mach 1 Interior. Red interior with Calypso Coral... what were they thinking? Nothing is really bad on it, except for the lower cowl and the package tray has been butchered, the floors should be replace too. To make it really nice I should replace the floor, cowl, package tray and drivers side door. 

No factory restoration this time, thinking I'll will mod it but stay close to original in appearance. But the red interior has to go..... Maybe stock looking white with black.

You could go all resale and do it with a black interior.... :D

My 71 Mach is blue on blue. I sometimes question myself for sticking with the factory color scheme, but I've seen maybe a handful of other brave souls. All I have to say is it sure beats an Avocado green interior - that was truly a very "high" end decision.

FWIW, I'd love to do a grabber blue Mach with a white interior.

I bet they use to pull ski boat with that trailer hitch. Nothing wrong with red. I have two white ones and don't want that again. Looks like they made 1003 with Vermilion and Calypso Coral.

When in Charlotte at the MOM Gale Halderman said that about the only thing that Larry Shinoda changed on the 70 was to pull the fake brake vents out of the quarters.

Sounds like a great project, now the search begins for parts, lol.

David

You could go all resale and do it with a black interior.... :D

My 71 Mach is blue on blue. I sometimes question myself for sticking with the factory color scheme, but I've seen maybe a handful of other brave souls. All I have to say is it sure beats an  Avocado green interior - that was truly a very "high" end decision.

FWIW, I'd love to do a grabber blue Mach with a white interior.
I love Acapulco Blue with white interior. It's darker than grabber.

I was convinced I was changing the red interior to either white or all black, and then I saw this picture of a nicely restored vermillion red interior. Now I think I may keep it.

My son and I restored a 1971 Torino GT, red on red. It looked great. It looks like a good starting point. Have fun with it. Chuck

My son and I restored a 1971 Torino GT, red on red. It looked great. It looks like a good starting point. Have fun with it. Chuck
I will. Putting the plan together and making a list of parts. I love this stage of the project. Like a sculpture with a lump of clay and an idea of what he wants it to be.

Last edited by a moderator:
I bet they use to pull ski boat with that trailer hitch. Nothing wrong with red. I have two white ones and don't want that again. Looks like they made 1003 with Vermilion and Calypso Coral.

When in Charlotte at the MOM Gale Halderman said that about the only thing that Larry Shinoda changed on the 70 was to pull the fake brake vents out of the quarters.

Sounds like a great project, now the search begins for parts, lol.

David
I agree. I have a black 2014 GT vert with red/charcoal interior. My favorite.

rich, another project ????? u gonna need a bigger garage. where was the stang located ???? it gonna have it ready for delaware park this fall ???? LOL.
Bill, I am selling my two owner very original 73 gold glow vert to make room. The 70 Mach won't be ready this year maybe fall next year.

I will. Putting the plan together and making a list of parts. I love this stage of the project. Like a sculpture with a lump of clay and an idea of what he wants it to be.
The planning stage is enjoyable. Does it have a drive train? Chuck

The planning stage is enjoyable. Does it have a drive train? Chuck
It's an M code 351C 4v the block is a D0AE-L with a Nov 1969 date code and closed chamber heads. It has the original 3 speed manual and the 3.25 9 inch. Kind of strange for it to have 3 speed and not a 4 speed with this engine.

Its not the original block so I may go with a D2AE-CA block I have, which I have read is a better block. Stroke it to 408. Holley EFI. I am going to swap the 3 speed for a TKO 5 speed and a Eaton TrueTrac limited-slip . Not sure what heads I'll use yet.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back