Well I give up, but life goes on

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1973 coupe
1998 mustang
1994 Nissan Sentra SE-R
I'll start off by saying how my past 7 days have gone.

My wife went into surgery last Tuesday to have her knee moved over 2 inches and then down 4 inches. She will be immobilized for 8 weeks. Unfortunately I cannot take off work because there is just me and one other guy to run the shop until I can find someone trustworthy not to screw up customers engines.

So working 6 days a week 10 hours a day everything is just kind of put on hold, I can't get any sleep as my wife wakes up three times in the middle of the night I have to help her to the restroom which required 2 sets of stairs...yeah its a bear.

But I am doing my best to do it all and then my landlord comes to visit me yesterday. Not unusual until he tells us he has some bad news. great! now what! Well he proceeds to tell me he is having some financial issues (aren't we all) and that he found someone who is going to pay him straight cash for the house and regrets to inform me I have a little over a month to move. WOW, I wanted to shoot him, if this isn't the stuff that makes a man crazy!

So here I am 4 weeks after quitting smoking, I've smoked a whole pack in the last 16 hours. I have no money for another home and I have all this stuff I know I have no time to move so I'm just bummed. This will be the second time this year that I've come close to rock bottom and now I think I finally hit the floor.

I'm just giving up on having any hobbies for a few years I just don't think I can take the pressure anymore. I'll still hang around here to chat and have a good time I just won't be able to finish my 73. So i'm stuck with selling it, or trading it for a car that's newer and more practical daily driver so I can part ways with my truck so I have more disposable income to pay a larger rent/mortgage.

I'm bumping my old thread and you can find more info here,

http://www.7173mustangs.com/thread-1973-coupe-302-4bbl-3spd-manual?pid=115962#pid115962

Man that totally sux. The good news is that things will get better. I lived in Mechanicsville for many years. If I was still there, maybe I could help, even if it was only help you move. I broke my kneecap 18 months ago and know how painful it is. Having it immobilized makes so many simple things so much more difficult. And we don't have stairs. And then to have to move. Wow! I know the decision to sell your project was difficult and gut wrenching. I really I really hope you get things sorted out soon.

Do you Have a lease agreement with your landlord? The contracts usually pretty limited on what they can be terminated for. Look it over you might just have to dig in your heels and fight till things get better.

I feel for you man...

Not the best time to give up the fags...I smoke a pack a day and I'm not even stressed!

I'g give up all first world luxuries like fags, cable, internet, etc, before I'd give up my Clydesdale. Just me...

all the best. Keep us posted.

matrixx,

Real sorry to hear about your misfortune. Trust me, we all experience rough times in our lives and I've usually gotten through those rough times with the help of family and friends. Not really sure what any of us can do to help, but if you need something, ask, you never know who can help. Prayers for you and your family...

Thanks every for the kind thoughts and words. I feel a little better today because it wont do me any good to sit and worry all day. It is what it is. i'm just trying to make the best decision and not let the stress fog my judgement.

Very sorry for your tough times. Lord knows I have been there.

As others have said - call on family and friends. They can amaze you in time of need.

Ray

Do you have a lease agreement? I know Virginia laws don't do much to protect you but see what the lease says.

i hope things improve i've been in the same situation a few times :(

Thing have a way or working themselves out, hope that your wife has a "rapid recovery" and that your situation in life turns around for you. Glad you'll be remaining a member of the of the site, I enjoy reading your posts.

Jim

The lease we have doesnt protect me very much other than state law guidlines for this kind of thing. Basically I must be given at least 30 days to move and i spoke with landlord to try and give me a few more weeks. We'll see how it turns out i guess. Who knows maybe something will come through my wifes really stressed even more given her circumstances and can't work for a while. It's just a low blow and can't believe some people out here in this world. Been here 4 years and never once made a late payment, show some mercy at least?!? Oh well, i am a firm believer in karma and he will get his.

The lease we have doesnt protect me very much other than state law guidlines for this kind of thing. Basically I must be given at least 30 days to move and i spoke with landlord to try and give me a few more weeks. We'll see how it turns out i guess. Who knows maybe something will come through my wifes really stressed even more given her circumstances and can't work for a while. It's just a low blow and can't believe some people out here in this world. Been here 4 years and never once made a late payment, show some mercy at least?!? Oh well, i am a firm believer in karma and he will get his.
He had said he fell on hard times and had to sell the rental you're living in...he may be telling the truth. If he is, the new owner has more to say about giving you the extra few weeks past the 30 days by contract, than he does. You might ask to talk to the buyer about working something out to give you the time you need.

Jim

Back