Well I know my gas gauge is off by a little

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
Multiple Mustangs!
Yesterday I made a trip to Knoxville, Tenn about 165 miles each way and I came back through Pigeon Forge and Gatlinburg. This weekend was rod run and it was packed.

I run 90 octane with Lucas treatment and it was hot yesterday and the traffic in Pigeon Forge you could walk faster. It took over an hour to make one pass through and temp never got past 3/4 just stays the same so cooling system is good. 

351 C 2-V with V-4 performer intake and holley. Bored .050" over flat top pistons, cam, headers and durl exhaust. 

So I look down at gas and I think I can make it back or if I see a Sunoco stop for ethanol free. Well I missed the one near Asheville and gauge is needle width above empty and I have 10 more miles to home. I go for it. I get to the Sunoco here and pull up to the pump and get out and sign says out of gas, lol. So I decide to go to next one and go about a half mile sitting at red light and it starts to sputter so I coast off the road into parking lot. There is a station in sight so I go get some 93 octane with ethnol and get it home. 

So now I know the gauge is off, lol.

I only saw 3 or 4 71 - 73 mustangs driving through PF but I could not look off much with all the traffic. The car did fine so I think the bugs are all done just make little improvements along.

Now to get caught up in the house.

Sorry no pics I did not want to deal with finding a non existent parking space.

Another think I noticed just above 70 mph the exhaust does a crazy change in tone. I do not have a drone anywhere just loud. It changes and gets quieter somehow. Got to 85 once keeping up with traffic is crazy some places.

Back