What’s it worth?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

71miguel73

Reaction score
My Car
Currently don’t have one but looking for a 71-73 mach 1
This looks like another of the failed restore attempts. When they get into buying everything and getting the costs together they run out of money.

For sure not worth anywhere near what he is looking for. I would say below the low retail he shows on the paperwork.

Show me a car that sold for anywhere near what he says worth.

Needs everything. With that much rust showing bet it needs a cowl and probably some floor work.

I hate when people rattle can stuff like the trunk. Does nothing but create more work for the next owner.

This looks like another of the failed restore attempts. When they get into buying everything and getting the costs together they run out of money.

For sure not worth anywhere near what he is looking for. I would say below the low retail he shows on the paperwork.

Show me a car that sold for anywhere near what he says worth.

Needs everything. With that much rust showing bet it needs a cowl and probably some floor work.

I hate when people rattle can stuff like the trunk. Does nothing but create more work for the next owner.
Here is a picture of the trunk without the paint, what would you say is a fair price for the car? TIA

FEB309A8-72A7-422C-8E09-B2173DB2835F.jpeg

Doesn't look terrible, but not $23K worth. Everybody always says how little a car needs until it comes apart and then things get serious. This guy probably started getting paint quotes and decided it was time to bail. For $23k it would have to have the paint done and done right.

IMO, it's a great car to restore, with an excellent option load for resale in the future if needed and great color scheme. He says the engine is refreshed, whatever the heck that means.

I'd say it's around a $10k ~ $12k car at most. One of our members recently sold his 72 Q-code 4spd car for $9500 in similar condition.

What i found interesting was the two factory applied (at least they appear to be) trunk lid spare tire decal(s). Never seen that before...

I must say that Gran Torino Sport in the last pic is pretty sharp. No idea about the condition, but you just don't see many of these around.

Back