what Color is your 7123 Convertible?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What color is your convertible?

• Total voters
Red with black top.

Original was Pink from factory, currently White. I will restore to original once I get the original papers.

With exception of the hood, all the original red, applied at the factory.

17 (600 x 400).jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Not sure if it is Marilyn Manson black, Alice Cooper black, Gene Simmons black or Johnny Cash black. Definitely not Earnhardt black. 

(the guy next to me must have confused me for a Charger....)

Not sure if it is Marilyn Manson black, Alice Cooper black, Gene Simmons black or Johnny Cash black. Definitely not Earnhardt black. 

(the guy next to me must have confused me for a Charger....)
So if you 73 vert came originally black it will not have a paint code on the door sticker. It will have a six digit DSO code and will be one of the Special Paint & Trim cars. Marti cannot even tell you the color your car was just that it was Special Paint & Trim. If it was originally black it would have had an Argent front bumper and the fillers in front of the rear bumper would also be Argent. If you were lucky enough to find the build sheet that will be listed below the normal info in the remarks section. It will state "Install Argent Front Bumper". Ford called it Raven Black but did not offer after 1971 due to poor quality of the bodies. Took extra work to make look even decent. Black or any Special colors were not sprayed on the regular line done it a smaller shop where they do like the police cars and fleet cars that got special paint jobs. I think was $98.00 add to the option list.

Ford Magnetic Metallic... picked it up from paint 4 days ago actually.  Now on to interior and new top.

It originally was silver with a white interior, 302 -2v C4. I spent an insane amount of time on the body and put 3 coats of black and 3 clear. One got sanded and buffed off. Black shows all imperfections, so it had to be right.

Back